DDO Unlimited

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by BlueMonday, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Ratspittal

Ratspittal Active Member

Just started playing DDO for the first time since beta, and I have to say, this is the game that I have been waiting for, which sucks considering it has been out for several years :( Love the feel of D&D again with mobs that hear you and fast, fun fights (been on LotRO for the past 2+ years, in which I love the story and atmosphere but the combat has always been labourous to my mind). I have my toons on Ghallanda, since that is were I left off, and looking for a good active guild. Had five blind guild join offers in the past 1/2 hour from people preying on noobs (*grin*). If anyone is around, give me a yell or a letter in game.

Tinge the Dustwalker - lvl5 rogue (Ghallanda)

2. mindspat

mindspat Well-Known Member

Great deal on the Turbine Points!

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Use Magic Device (UMD) uses Charisma not Wisdom.

3. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

yeah, back then I thought that, but now I know better, and a lot more.

Lately I've been on Cannith, doing Favor runs for TP. have a couple toons in a Favor Farming Guild there. Need more players (elite Openers) I am at the mercy of others since I can not dual box.
    I was saving up TP for something else, but I can't hold off on the Delera's Tomb going on sale in about 3 hours from now. And after Monday, that Pack is getting an increase in price, so may as well get it now.
    If you happen to want to run some favor farming runs on Cannith, let me know. I have a toon on the alt account in the guild that can invite to guild. Figured if I canever get a second comp that toon will be my Elite opener. Right now still working on him to be such
    My Runners names are Yostco & Zostco, They get rerolled after I get my 100 Favor, But if I am on Cannith, it'll be one of those 2 ;)

4. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

Here's an Idea
    I have friends on my friends list, but I do not remember if I added them from a name here or someone I was playing with.
    So I thought why not we just do a /joinchannel TOG

may make connecting with each other easier:bigthumbsup:

I have started doing this as I log in with any of my characters . Having joined TOG Channel this way we'll be able to even use alts that we may have that we did not list the name here, or have made since posting , just need to /joinchannel TOG once ;):D

5. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

I'm back to playing on Orien,
    working on building up an Bard (Spellsinger). Really enjoying it so far.
    Hope some of you got in of the latest sale, every Adventure pack is 50% off, I know I wasn't ready for that one.

and just another friendly reminder to help get in touch with other TOG members, you can just do a /joinchannel TOG makes it easier then typing everyone's name in the friends list

6. Warbear.Prime

Warbear.Prime Well-Known Member

I actually play in a non TOG group of aussies and us people from Galaxies on the Orien server, though I have been in LOTRO more than DDO lately.

Some of our guys are nearing the lvl 20 mark. Most of my active toons are around level 8 - 12 though. I have 9 toons. Might see if there is a fee or a way to transfer a toon or two over to Khyber and join in now and then.

7. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

yeah I pretty much think, every one is in a NON-TOG guild somewhere.

which is why I suggested those that are TOG, do the /joinchannel TOG
    we can stay in our non-tog guilds but still be some hen pecking away from saying hi to each other.

only bad thing about that is you never know if someone logs in unless they say "Hi" or something like that, it's easy to tell if someone else is on, because when you first log in it shows how many members are on the channel.

I guess maybe no one in TOG but me is doing it, and they want to stay unannounced :p j/k

I'll be sticking it out on Orien, and I use Cannith as my Favor running Server (since I was invited to join a Favor farming guild there ;))

Took me a month to get the build right, but I'll be mainly playing my Bard I started on Orien. He's just level 6 now just got his Spellsinger I :D.
    on my F2P account I do log in a Fig/Rog thf Dwarf. he's a blast to play, but I just play him to take a break from the bard, they play differently. But it's fun taking him in Tangleroot with his +1,Chaotic, , Back stabbing Great Axe
    or just running around in Korthos showing off the flashy Axe :lol:
    when the time comes he'll be a Kensei I / Assassin II, but that could be as much as a year away, don't play him much

edited: needed to ,make a correction, got two weapons mixed up, the one the Dwarf has is just a +1 Great Axe, true Chaos, of Backstabbing

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  8. sangretu

sangretu Getting Started

I still have the TOG guild on Khyber...I was inactive for a few months due to moving / new job etc, but I've got all my gadgets set up again and would love to have some friends to run with on occasion.

I've got characters ranging up to level 10 (I think), so whatever you're interested in is fine with me, I just like good company. If you'd like to hook up, or join the guild, or whatever, just drop me a line here or in-game (sangretu).

9. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

Sangretu, I hope you don't mind but I went ahead and leveled up your guild to 16, It was so close, figured it would be an easy task, so I went for it :bigsmile:

I did take a Screen to share the moment for ya
    [​IMG]

Mine on Orien is now 10 , maybe some year I'll reach lvl 20

10. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

kinda bored at the moment, connection is running slow making it difficult to play games online, So I thought I'd post a link to my guild on Orien Dark City Runners

too bad MYDDO is kinda broke and doesn't also remove deleted characters

11. KiwiRed

KiwiRed Getting Started

I've been spending a bit of time grinding favor lately, passing time until the Rift headstart. My main character is on khyber, but I've been getting some favor bonuses out of the way on the other servers. (Trying to decide if I want to buy Veteran status or a couple of adventure packs with the points I've been accumulating)

12. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

Vet status helps a lot for Favor farming for TP.
    If your just planing to visit DDO every once in a while, then I would suggest the Adventure packs and just unlock vet status on your favorite sever with 1000 Favor

Remember the more adventure packs you own, is more Favor you can earn towards such things like Vet status [1000] and Champion [1750] (which unlocks 32 point builds and gets you one +2 tome)

Not sure if you own any adventure packs or what level your at. So if your still low level, then you might want to consider Delera's Tome and VON (Vault of Night), if your reaching mid level then may I suggest VON and GH (GiantHold).
    From what I understand if you can , that the must have adventure Packs would be VON, GH, and Vail, Those three gets even a first TR to level 20 without issues.

Myself I'm into DDO to enjoy at my snail pace. not only do I stop and smell the roses, I also pluck the pedals, watch the grass grow around them, I'm in no rush to cap level :) , and I liked Catacombs, and TangleRoot. Right now I only own Vet status, Catacombs,Delera's, and VON, oh and Shared Bank but I still want to get GH, Tangleroot, and Vail of Twlight. I kinda want to get Tangleroot now. I like Tangleroot because it helps me level up without any stress. I also would not mind Sarrowdusk, it's just another wilderness I like, but I'll no doubt get GH before I will get Sarrowdusk.

there are just 2 other things on my wish list to purchase, Half-Orc and 32pt build :D

I should be grinding for favor for more TP, so it's ready if any of those items go on sale :rolleyes:

13. KiwiRed

KiwiRed Getting Started

I ended up spending my points on Tangleroot (while it was still on special) and Shan-to-Kor - Delara's Tomb is fairly high on my list to get next, but I'll probably buy some more points and wait for it to show up on special again. Spent a bit of time today trying out a soloing cleric/paladin build on Sarlona, but I'm thinking of trying out a rogue/cleric build that I came across on the official forums (I just can't get enough of finding secret doors, unlocking doors and disabling devices).

I own Catacombs (finally got around to trying it over the weekend, and have run through it on normal once so far) and 32-point builds (always nice to have that extra flexibility). Considering my highest level character after all my time playing is around level 5, I'm not in that much of a rush.

14. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

okay, back on for enough time to edit this double post

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  15. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

you'll either like or not like Tangle root, same thing can be said about Catacombs.

I like catacombs, for me it is a easy 66 silver flame favor, and depending what your build uses, the rewards are worth it. Unfortunately unless I was to buy any of the necro adventure packs, I'll never reach the 75 favor with silver flame. I think I read that one has to own all the adventure packs that have Silverflame favor to reach the 400 favor and you have to had done them all on elite :eek:.
    Tangleroot same thing, but my bard may not be able to solo elite, still even if i did just on Hard, that is 66 House Phiarlan favor, elite would be 99 ;) which is enough to be able to get the 30 minute buffs from House Phiarlan (only need 75 favor for that)

I have earned all the favor I want for Coin lords, the reward for 400 Favor with them does nothing for any character i have, STK (Shan-to-Kor) I would get, but it's not a priority, I don't need the Favor from it, nor any of the end rewards, the EXP is good at level, and that is a very enjoyable Adventure pack.

even tho one could start Delera's at lvl 5, you more in less want to be level 7, same thing can be said about VON, you can enter at lvl 6, but maybe the earliest one may want to go there is lvl 8, been told go there at 10 if with a bunch of unknown players, but if your in a good group and every one knows what needs to be done, level 6 is possible but best to start VON at lvl 7

Khyber my highest is level 8, but they're build was designed for the Static group I was in, that's not there any more. So I no longer play on Khyber, but maybe once in a while, a few hours here and there a month. in 2 guilds, Sad Wings of Destiny - Khyber- and Strangers With Candy - Khyber-
    Orien is my Home now, highest level is 7 (Bard Spellsinger) 4 Ranger/Rogue, 4 Rogue, and two 5 Fighter/Rogue . One of the Fig/Rog's are going to be rerolled and going to start a Cleric. Just in the guild I started Dark City Runners - Orien-
    Sarlona I also have a guild there, I venture there too, about as often as I do Khyber Dark City Runners - Sarlona-
    Cannith I'm in 2 guilds there, my own for when if I decide I need a break from the other servers Dark City Runners - Cannith- and a Favor farming guild The Cannith Favor Farmers - Cannith-
    Ghallanda is the only server I am Guildless in , I do have Dark City Runners also in Argonnessen and Thelanis

yeah , not sure I like the idea of splashing Rogue anymoreafter level 8 (only been higher the lvl 8 on the preview server Lamannia) I find I am in a party with someone that has the skills. if your never soloing, there is no reason for those skills, wish I was rich, because I always solo to level 6, after that, the whole reason I took Rogue becomes pointless, so if I was rich I would just buy some lessor hearts and remove
    rogue and go pure.

Rogue/Cleric , hmm, not sure I would go that route, I mean the Cleric skills are Wisdom, Charisma, and the Rogue is Dex, Int, kinda spreading yourself with that multi-class, seems gear intense and Tome dependent at the get-go, but sounds interesting ;)
    my Bard has been my first to level 7 that is pure, made it there 100% soloing w/hireling (for heals) Has no skills for traps or locks. heck his Search skill, is -1, tho I did put a point into Spot to make it an even 0 :D his Int is too low even with Fox cunning to use the Runes in WW, and many of the other areas, and he had no problems doing quest without the ability to do traps, tho he has missed out on some optionals and treasures because no way to unlock (Open locks).

I would have stopped typing in this replay a while ago, but I lost my connection, just waiting for that lil light to come back on, I am guessing snow is interfering with the satellite connection :( so just want to apologize for such a lengthy reply, it was this or Spider solitaire till the connection has reestablished :w

Snott likes this.
  16. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

yay, got my guild to 12 (On Orien) just 8 more levels before I get shocked with, "Ahh damn I can't afford a Airship"
    [​IMG]

17. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

if you come to Orien, my characters there are Saak , Deuteron , a couple others others.
    Guild is only level 13, now . . so no ship :? ,
    There is one other in the guild I never talked to, I had invited someone to the guild, since they was looking for one, after a while I promoted them, and seems they invited a couple others, but when I check, only one of them has logged in, and I never met them. so in a way there are 3 in the guild one that shows up a day or 2 once every 3 months, and this unknown player that logs in every once in a while.

18. Stuman

Stuman Guest

High Rez is actually closer to 6Gb (even though the link only say 3.8Gb).

19. Ukyo

Ukyo Active Member

Playing ddo atm and loving it have missed rpg in mmos. lately is there a good guild for us on Khyber don't mind if its casual

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  20. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

there is a couple guilds on Khyber, but last I checked the 2 I know of I haven't seen any activity on either. I belive there are one or 2 other guilds that Have TOG members in them but I do not recall their names nor could I invite you to the Unknown ones.
    it might be best to find a good group and join theirs unless you don't mind being a lone active member in a Guild.