DDO Unlimited

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by BlueMonday, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Dressy

Dressy Guest

+1 for you! But what about leveling beyond lvl 4-5? Don't you have to purchase extra content and levels? So if I went and brought the Drow with my free points will I then be still able to move forward?

2. Orbac

Orbac Active Member

You can go on thier forums and search for threads that have all the info on ways to grind out TP. You get 2 avatar slots for a free player, 4 for a premium player, that is somebody that has bought something/anything from the turbine store with money one time,and then a VIP , somebody that pays the monthly fee gets 10 slots.
    I think that you can buy pretty much anything that needs to be ground out with TP in thier store, so if you really want that 32 point build you can buy it.
    The map will have a legend that will give info on which quest is a free one or one that is part of a paid package. You can search the store after you log into the game and hit the icon at the top of the screen and it will take you right there.
    There is no need to pay for anything in the game as long as you grind out the TP , you can even buy content with the TP you grind, so again , no need to buy anything , other than the 2 extra avatar slots for a one time purchase.

3. sangretu

sangretu Getting Started

You used to have to pay for leveling after a certain point or wait for rare drops, but that's no longer the case. There are a few special quest lines that are only for premium members, but you get small amounts of DDO points for earning favor, and can spend that on unlocking quest lines if you feel strongly about it.

Personally, I just paid for a year membership, got access to all the premium content, and get a nice lump of "free" DDO points every month for anything else I want. I like the game (especially the physics-based combat and collision detection), I like how they've monetized it, and I think it's worth supporting :)

4. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

you wouldn't need to buy the Drow, unless you want to unlock it for every server

you just need to play one character to 400 Favor.

earning Turbine points (TP) that's a little different, you just keep re-rolling your character, or start one ( I mean 2) on each server. all you have to do is the Korthos Quest to elite, I do not think all of them but lets just say all.
    Like Orbac posted, there is a guide how to play for free to max level, from what I read about it, it gets tough around lvl 18, but there is no problems till level 14 getting free quest. Read that link he posted.

5. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

Just would like to add this link from the DDO forums Review of all adventure packs
    you can get an idea how much TP you'll need and what adventure packs would be worth saving TP for

6. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

Belark told me he ran into you and saaid you was still looking for the guild.

Remember to check also the unconfirmed mail at the postal. Invites can be sent by the mail system

7. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

ahhh, this was Fun Thank you DeWe for the guest pass

DeWe, Belark, and Myslef in the "The Halls of Shan-To-Kor"

[​IMG]

8. Monk

Monk Retired Captain

Hey peeps. didnt realise there was even much of a passing TOG presence in DDO. Keep an eye out for members of The Clan of the Black Dragon as we are a guild of a handful of friends, mostly toggers as well and would be happy to group up with you guys. We have toons around level 5 atm with a few lower alts. Play casually, couple nights a week, sometimes solo sometimes running in a pack.

9. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

I been keeping an eye for that name, haven't seen any yet
    ==========
    well, did manage to get one month of VIP, course that's it till next year, it's that one time I can actually spend on Non-essentials , so going to spend time on what I can on the maps that are not F2P, while I can. Got that VIP during this promotional period, so I got that 1000 TP instead of 500, Drow is 25% off, so bought the Drow.
    Imfir is now Live :) Drow Rogue , I kinda spaced it, and thought the Drow was part of the VIP deal, didn't realize you had to buy it, or earn favor for (that part I knew about). So to save name till I received my TP, I rerolled Imfir as a Dwarf rogue, and now MY DDO only shows that one and not the New Imfir
    As long as I keep a Cleric hireling with him he is doing ok, Went into catacombs, did the first 2 quest, and got him some decent armor for now ( the name escapes me dark something)
    this>>> [​IMG]

oh yeah, now that I see that pic, . . at creation he was looking more red-ish, so I was kinda shocked once in game, he is now Purple-ish :w
    I was going to do a Finesse build, but I am not a fan of the rapiers, going to do some more reading and see if slashing weapons will still work with a Finesse build. Those Rapiers made for some long fights against the Skeletons, then again, Catacombs are Lvl 3+ quest and I am only lvl 2 , Kuuf (my Mule) is holding some Long swords that Imfir can use if Slashing works out better. If it does I may just do what every one sez to get "Khopesh" I have some of those too. Was saving those for a Ranger build I was thinking of doing.
    I have not decided if I really wanted to go the way of assassin, or just straight out damage, either way he's planed to be a bit of a master mechanic. I figure I have time to toy with it before I make a final call.
    Since My DDO is kinda whacked at the moment, here is his Character sheet (just the Stats )
    [​IMG]

I decided to go 10 on his wisdom, for UMD reasons, if I need to run and heal at the same time wands work better, unlike using heal pots, if you use a Potion while running you stop to drink, with Wands you just keep running, no Stopping, And wands are a whole lot cheaper then Potions. So my Con is lower then I wanted, I know everyone sez Con is not a Dump stat, but I am counting on my high Dex. I am not going to have a Cleric Hireling all the time ;). But retrospec I think going 14 con and just the 8 wis would be okay, I can just keep a supply of Clerics in my bag :D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  10. Monk

Monk Retired Captain

Those cleric hirelings are good value, and alwasy keep few on hand for my fighter and particluarly my sorcerer. We occasionally run 3 guys on hard mode with various hirelings and do pretty well as long as I can keep the aggro.

11. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

Well I decided to go a bit sneaky :twisted: and been trying out some new builds.

I am getting better at my sneak attacks
    and yes it's just me and the hireling so kinda soloing, and holding Aggro same time slipping in some sneak attacks
    [​IMG]

12. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Nice one :)

13. Warbear.Prime

Warbear.Prime Well-Known Member

I currently have 11 characters on Orien server - and that's it.

Any TOG members on there - or am I going to have to start another character on the Ghallandra server to join other TOG players?

I am part of 2 guilds on Orien, my monk is in one, most of my other toons are in the other.

My main toons are:
    Tarnissis: Half-Elf Monk 7 (almost 8), just started this one.
    Willbemeaner: Drow Sorcerer 9
    Blackember: Drow Fighter 1 / Rogue 8
    Sporkfang: Half-Orc Barbarian 7
    Aegyptus: Warforged Fighter 6

Maybe see someone in there?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  14. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

I have some characters on Orien, started my own guild there, but right now not staying with just one server, I'm all over the place, currently in lama land
    I probably can be found on Cannith or Thelanis trying to get the guild(s) I started there to lvl 5 so I can just mail invites. This last update they added is making it tough, it's a rarity to even get any Guild renown
    Orien is the server (World) I like the most, it's kinda where I want to make my home :)
    Too many Alts so can not recall the names of my characters there, I'll write them down to note them here later, for now I'll just write yours and add you to friends, maybe I'll catch ya online some day. I might have a level 6 but I know there are a couple LvL 5 characters I have there

15. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

I'm still playing in Lamannia, It's still open so been enjoying what I can not play with on the live servers :rolleyes:
    As soon as I am done there I'll hit up Orien and see if I can find ya;), I'm just have way too much fun on Lamannia :D to stop

16. RockyMtnManiac

RockyMtnManiac Just Joined

TOGgers playings DDO?

Hi all... Just started playing DDO again, and have characters on Ghallanda. My primary is EaglesTalon Rog1\Ranger4. I was wondering what server most of the TOGgers play on, and what guilds, if any, there are for TOGgers?

17. mindspat

mindspat Well-Known Member

I truely love this game. :D

18. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

Ditto :bigthumbsup:

I can't stop playing it long enough to even peek at other games. I think every other day I work on the character planner to try and create something I can stick to, then going to Lamannia Server trying it out, and seeing what I would need to spend real $ on.

I came up with something that may work for my Flavor of playing and not be a Gimp or dependent of others to help carry, but first I need more favor and $ to play it for reals :eek:

19. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

ok, just going to be lazy and just post my crew that is on Ghallanda, Been there the past couple days, I felt I needed to get away from lamannia, it's really spoiling me with the free TP you can get there.

[​IMG]

I'll prolly be back on Lamannia during the weekend, just going to log in to get the free TP till then.
    Not sure Ghallanda is working out for me, I seem to have a bigger latency there, till late, but I'll try it out any ways.

20. Ahrd3N

Ahrd3N Getting Started

Also on the Khyber server aka Arhden

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010