DDO Unlimited

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by BlueMonday, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Lendal

Lendal Bless Online Captain

Well, I see a few folks seem to be interested and are getting in the game now and then.

It's hard to tell what server to get on and whether to join a non TOG guild and, if so, which one.

I guess there's not enough of us being active enough to have much of a real TOG presence going on.

Please correct me, If I'm wrong. I wouldn't mind getting a regular-ish group together somewhere. :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. SoulBlythe

SoulBlythe Getting Started

I just picked it up myself. I'm on Argonnessen but will be glad to have a character on Ghallanda if everyone is putting together a group/guild.

3. sangretu

sangretu Getting Started

I have a couple of low-level characters on Sarlona. I would dearly love to find or found a small group of players who have not yet experienced the majority of the game and share (or are willing to try) my discovery vs spoilers philosophy. See my post here for details. Doesn't have to be on Sarlona, I'm ok with making new characters too.

Esteem'd Regards,

Aaron

4. Osdor

Osdor Lord of the Rings Leader -= GOLD Patreon =-

Forgive my blatant attempt at recruiting for another division, but there is a large and thriving TOG community over in Lord of the Rings Online. Many of us share your philosophy and like to enjoy the content the way it was written. We have many players at end-game (if there is such a thing) and plenty of lowbies, newbies and alts always levelling up.

And with LOTRO going free-2-play soon, now would be a good time to subscribe and start building up your Turbine points... :)

There are 2 kinships - The Osgiliath Guard for US/Oceanic servers, and The Order of Gilthoniel on the EU servers. Character registration threads are in the main LOTRO forum.

Once again, sorry for the blatant recruiting drive ;) but you know you want to do it - the Ring is calling...

5. Osdor

Osdor Lord of the Rings Leader -= GOLD Patreon =-

Sorry - dwarves are the only race where you can't roll a female character. Not that you'd be able to tell the difference ;)

6. Lendal

Sounds like fun, Sangretu. If we can agree on a regular time to meet up and a server to meet on, we can try and get a group together. I'm very willing to create a new character for this and it wouldn't matter what server.

I live in the US pacific time zone and am retired so don't need to play only in the evenings. Although playing during Aussie prime time during the week probably wouldn't work for me.

Reasonable hours for both Aussie and US players really only occur together a couple of times during the weekends. That's assuming that folks are usually working a regular day shift job.

It would be ideal if we could get two groups together, one US and the other Aussie. Then we could get both groups together once or twice on the weekends.

So, let's see who's interested. Everyone please post here with the times you can play and what server you'd suggest and we'll see what we can get together.

7. sangretu

sangretu Getting Started

I'm on Eastern time (GMT -5), and unemployed at the moment so while my current schedule is wide open, it's likely to change in the near future. I have a mild preference for Sarlona server, but would be happy on any of them.

My primary interest is in getting a small group of players together who have not gotten very far in the game, and agreeing to experience new content together without researching it first, so we can figure things out as we go. I ran a WoW guild with the same theme for a while, and it worked quite well :)

8. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

I have a level 2 charcater on khyber (or whatever its called) but got bored easily... I could be interested in a group on a server. I'm UTC+12 (NZ) however, so makes it hard potentially. I am waiting till I have net at new house also.

9. Cindax

Cindax World of Warcraft Officer

Found an unopened copy of DDO lying around in my room..
    Found my DvD drive is dead..
    Found my old account seems to be dead (cant re-use the code tho)
    Made a new account..
    Downloading DDO..
    Found new code (from above found game) doesn't do anything anyway.. (unless I pay) Shhhesh..
    Got an hour wait for the download to finish..
    Will make a new character in about an hour :)

Seem Kyber is the place to be..

10. KiwiRed

KiwiRed Getting Started

My halfling barbarian-rogue (3/1, rank 17) is coming along nicely - any of you on Khyber are welcome to add Szerra to your friend list.

11. sangretu

sangretu Getting Started

Ok, let's make it Khyber then. I'll drop in and create a guild to keep things organized if you guys are all onboard for the idea. We can work out scheduling and other stuff as we go, eh?

12. Lendal

Per the above, it appears that there's already a TOG guild on Kyber. I suspect it's not real active at the moment, though.

Is there any advantage to going with the older guild as opposed to creating a new one? I mean, for example, do guilds accumulate some kind of points or something over time that creates an advantage for the members?

If so, maybe we should wait for Rickety to get on and turn the guild leadership over to an active member. Or maybe he'll be active enough himself if there are a few more of us playing.

For now, lets just create our characters there on Kyber and post the character names here and the hours we're likely to be on and hope that Rickety gets on to do the guild invites for us.

I dunno yet if I want a Monk or a Wizard. They're both fun. I might end up having to flip a coin for that...

13. sangretu

sangretu Getting Started

Well, there are guild banks and a new guild ranking system, so potentially, yes - there's a benefit to using the existing guild.

I've created Sangretu on Khyber, time to start playing catch-up, since all my other characters and equipment are on other servers...friend me if you're on!

14. Lendal

I created a paladin named Lendal.

I've never played a paladin and so decided to try one out.

-ps Forgot to mention that I'll be playing an odd mix of basically NA hours. Once in a while I'll probably even stay up late into the wee small hours to see if I can catch a few Aussie players on.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  15. Cindax

Cindax World of Warcraft Officer

Cleric named Cindax :-o

16. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Let me know when you guys come on regularly and I'll see if I can be on at that time!

17. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

okay not too pleased with Allods direction, so just need to wait on some more bandwidth to become available , which should be around the 22nd of this month, so in 2 weeks I should be checking this out
    I might try and down load it sooner just need to wait and see, but it still looks like the 22nd will be the safest of me not to go beyond my usage, and have my connection slowed down.

I had a lil talk with Belark, earlier, he has already downloaded, and started playing DDO today.
    I just have to wait.
    I know Lotro has caught my attention, seeing it will be going F2P, but I kinda want a change now from Allods.
    The only other game I might try out is AoC, if I can find a download for it and the size. Have an old friend playing that one I would like to play with again. but not sure of the game size of yet.
    So see ya in 2 weeks :):D

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  18. Lendal

Imfir, is your ISP metering and throttling your bandwidth with some sort of monthly limit, etc.? That's pretty common in Australia but I noticed that you appear to be from Medford, OR.

What gives? We now have ISP's' in the US who are metering and limiting bandwidth? Man, I sure hope that idea doesn't start spreading. :(

19. RedlineJunkie

RedlineJunkie Getting Started

I would assume with an unopened copy of DDO you could create a new account and get 30 days VIP access without paying anything. It will ask for your credit card info but you can cancel before your 30 days is up so it doesn't bill you. I'd probably go that route since you'd be a Premium level player automatically after you cancel. Just don't make a monk or warforge character though or you'll have to pay to unlock them when you drop VIP.

20. Bruin

Bruin Getting Started

Playing a paladin (2) named Bruinn if I could get an invite please? :)