DC Universe stuff *2010*

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Reoh, May 12, 2009.

1. merwood

merwood Active Member

DC Universe Online Video Game, Comic-Con 08: Cam Developer Walkthrough Pt 1 HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

here's a video thta i haven't see it shows a little bit of the flying and a battle outside in metropolis

Anyways i was expectating a better panel at sdcc but given that that soe was showcaseing dcuo at e3 and the timetable from e3 to sdcc prolly wouldidn't have given them much time to put a whole lot together . Still i hope at the next convention they can give us a fresh burst of new information . Cause i am starting to get tired of some of these repative demos .

But anyways it's all in pre alpha stage as mentioned earlier so we have to be patient given it's in that stage still .

2. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

That was a much better gameplay video, you could see a lot more going on. Games already looking pretty good in its Alpha stage, hope they keep it up. :)

3. merwood

merwood Active Member

4. merwood

merwood Active Member

DC Universe Online Panel Recap - PlayStation 3 News at GameSpot

I think article was just more about how the devs and writers were able to bring dcuo to life and what are the differences and pros and cons to bring dcuo from a 2d comic universe to a massive mmo massive being the operative word in a 3d environment .

Potentially i think dcuo can be a huge success cause clearly this is soe's new flagship and it has to be cause i've never seen soe this commited and really spending the big bucks to pull out all the stops with their new dcuo ,

Well not since star wars galaxies and I also think that soe is learning from their mistakes , Because their taking their time and not rushing the devs and i have alot of confidence in not only them but dc as well and am sure they won't push soe to make drastic changes .

Especially when you have writers like johns and marv and jim lee but still the jury is out on soe and dcuo until it goes live , But just seeing how dcuo has been put together i see the potential that they can easily reach a million subs .

5. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Yeah, but just mention "SOE" to a lot of gamers as the publisher and many a game runs screaming the other way, there's nothing quite like having community spirit in your favor when developing a game. If they can pull off a great DCUO they'd do a lot to mending their image among gamers.

6. merwood

merwood Active Member

Aye too true reoh and old habits die hard with any game company and i can't expect everyone to give soe a second chance and my hope is that once dcuo is released is that soe may perhaps offer a 7 day trial not long after as a good jesture .

And it's small things like those that can help a company get on the right track and i also hope that they keep a strong dialogue with the community and the devs and they hire good capable cm's cause all those things can very well pay off in the long run

7. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

One thing I really do like about SOE though is that whole station pass idea. I wish someone would do that for games I did play. ;)

8. merwood

merwood Active Member

Aye i wish more companies would do that ncsoft should have something like that

9. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

10. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Geeks of Doom, what a great name for a website - haha. They have a DCUO article touting some alpha level instancing available in a recent demo shown to the public. The short version, DCUO is what you get when City of Heroes and Villains has a lovechild with World of Warcraft. Game has high level instancing and an achievements system, sweet.

11. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

12. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

We havent' heard much about "the other tights'n'mask mmo being produced" in a while now, but a new IGN Interview with Dan Dido reveals a comic strips going to be coming out shortly, but one with a difference. You'll be able to get the game info you want through the strip, which is anchored in the new games Universe.

13. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

14. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

15. brian

brian Active Member

So this game releases in one month and TOG doesn't have a forum for it yet?

But you have a forum for Star Wars the Old Republic ... and that wont be out till 2011.

Come on TOG...

16. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Forums are generally made when there's been a high level of express interest in a game, If you're really eager to see that develop then the best thing you can do is ra ise peoples awareness of whats going on with the game and get them excited. Worked for me. :)