DC Universe stuff *2010*

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Reoh, May 12, 2009.

1. Rourke

Rourke Elder Scrolls Online Officer

Sad thing is I probably WILL try DCU, the draw of playing in and interacting with the DC Universe may be too strong to pass up on.

Just depends how long between Champions release it comes out :rolleyes:

EDIT: Not gonna get into another rant re: NGE/SOE tho :)

2. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Who had "Morbius"? (wikipedia says marvel, d'oh)

Oh and the Aliens vs Predator series? :p (dark horse, damn)

3. Rourke

Rourke Elder Scrolls Online Officer

4. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

I had'em around here too, it was one of the few from my collection that I kept till I was older. I did mean Morbius the living vampire. ;)

5. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

6. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

7. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

DCUO Best Friend or Foe competition!
    MySpace.com Blogs - DCUO MySpace Blog

8. merwood

merwood Active Member

Well dcuo is really starting to look like a game i can see myself be playing for many ears to come , So far at soe fanfaire they mentioned that the pvp will be consensual on normal servers in much like a tagging system similiar like wow , And as for pvp servers it will be open pvp but against villains only as for any type of detah and full loot for pvping it most likely won't ahppena s it woudldint really appeal to a super hero mmo .

one other thing that really got me happy about dcuo is that their really pushing the physics and action element envelope to the extreme and i think it will pay off in the end , Alsol their trying to come up with a mroe fun filled factor and get a more flat leveling approach so this even more good cause it will keep dcuo in that fun factor vesrsus grindng factor :D .

Also from the hi res vids i think the graphics are coming together nicely , Yes they still need alot more polish and fluid improvements for it to match the gameplay and physics , but given their still in a pre alpha stage i'm very conifdent that that graphics will look nicely at beta .

All in all there are alot of mmo's coming out and some i do like but dcuo has most of my attention and for all the right reasons , It gonna be fun , not have much a grinding which can heavily outweight the fun factor in any game or mmo and more importly you play a more involved role beacuse it will be so action packed .

I am considering to buying a ps3 for this cause i wnat to play with a controller and see just how far i can push the ps3 controller to it's imits hehe , And not only that but rumor has it that the ps3 is gonna take another pirce drop which i think considering that there will be a final fantasy 14 mmo for ps3 and a dcuo mmo for pc/ps3 and many other titles it might be time to invets ine one :)

9. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

DCUO's still a fair ways off compared to the rest, its not due to be released for a year(ish) while most of the others we've been discussing should be out within the next few months. I prefer their villains vs heroes angle, and they have a coupole other nice features. Sound very similar to champions in many of the other regards which is good because those were all things I really liked about champions.

10. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

DCUO @ ComicCon SanDiego!

Source

11. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Some details about the story, whether a villain or hero you will choose a base of tech (joker/batman), Super (superman, lex), or magic (Circe, wonder woman). These each seem to have a particular story to go with them as you work your way through the game.

Oh and did I mention its available on PS3 and PC?

Here's the full interview...
    The Cut Scene - Video Game Blog by Variety on Variety.com

12. Mem

Mem Well-Known Member

Im going to dust off my batfink outfit, and start searching for hugo a gogo !

13. merwood

merwood Active Member

I'm glad to see this happening it's like each toon will be starting their storyline differently but ultimately everyone storyline will basically be interlinked .

Anyways i'm glad to see a nice intro on just how our ctoon storylines will start based on what it's toon origin will be .

Also i don't know if anyone mentioned this but back at soe fanfaire jim lee was talking about a secret identity system in the works but he wouldidnt reveal much info to the media , I think it will be mentioned at sdcc or later on .

Which i think is great cause i love roleplaying in super hero games .

14. merwood

merwood Active Member

here's a interview with Marv Wolfman who is one of the main writers for the dcuo team for those who don't know who marv wolfman is ? i encourage you to chekc out this interview .

IGN: Marv Wolfman's DC Universe Goes Online

15. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

16. merwood

merwood Active Member

funny i was just reading that last night and i can hardley wait too see what star labs will be like , All in all i think soe is doing a fine job on it's pr and marketing platform and i'm very happy to see them constantly rolling out more info but i know were still at the tip of the ice berg . And i believe that grand stuff that dcuo will have has yet to be revealed .

17. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

18. merwood

merwood Active Member

yeah thanks reoh , I kinda wish they start offering more thne just gameplay videos , I know their still in pre alpha basically , But these demo fighti are starting to lose it's flavor and that concerns me :( .

19. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Yeah exactly, I'm sure that once we see some gameplay footage closer to launch it'll be a lot better. :)

20. merwood

merwood Active Member