DaoC - starting up again

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Ralakan, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Granit

Granit Getting Started

The wife and I have restarted EQ believe it or not and the changes and advances they have made are intense.

Dungeons designed just for your group with specific missions that noone outside of your group can come in is a big one....camping my ass, lets go to an old fashioned dungeon crawl. It also scales the dungeons based upon the average level of your group (which can be no more than 7 levels apart at lower levels working up to 10 at higher)

3d targetting, Max sense heading from character start up. More zones with exp bonuses, more actual quests. Immensly customizable interface.

Basically some great stuff, I cannot say enough about the new dungeon(LDoN) set up.

2. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

may have to check it out...what server are you on? I'd prolly move my toon if I continue to play it.

3. DocKins

DocKins Well-Known Member

Hey Granite, nice to see you around. Well its nice to know that EQ has been improving since I last played it. Though the changes would probably be too dramatic for me to start again. Do you plan on playing any of the new mmorpgs that are comming out within the next year?

4. Granit

Granit Getting Started

Depends on what they look like when they come out, I am frankly tired of the hype that these games build and the excitement we get in beta, then they come out and suck rocks.

The changes in EQ have actually not changed the gameplay enough that you can't just come back and play. Jessie and I were worried about that too but its proven to not be a problem.

As for what server, I am on the Drinal server. My characters name is Sinrakor, and Jessie's is Orchad.

5. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

god I logged back in to EQ the other day and couldn't even remember how to make my character move around LOL

6. Asru

Asru Active Member

I REALLY love the idea of a personal dungeon for your group that spawns JUST for your group. That eliminates crowding AND puts less load on the server.

Anyone who loves EQ would also like FF XI I think. I am seeing that they are the same species of game. I put some reviews over in the "other games" section for any who are curious.

7. Nightlife

Nightlife Active Member

So anyone still playing DaoC? d/l the 7 day trial of it from Fileplanet at the moment.

8. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Daoc is probably the BEST MMORPG out there that I've played so far. The problem is when you get to certain levels, most the people who are the same are playing realm vs realm. I had a great time, never had a problem finding groups till 24, when I sat in the 3rd dungeon for 3 weeks waiting to see just one person to group with!

Talk to Frankki in game, she is Kytyn on these boards. She heads The Circle in the game. Tell her you are from TOG and trying the game out. I'm sure she will help you out with anything you need!

9. Nightlife

Nightlife Active Member

Any particular server info? Will probably go as a warrior type so I don't have to learn too much for fighting.

10. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Check the first page of this thread for Kytyn's posts...I think those have the info you need!

11. Nightlife

Nightlife Active Member

Doesn't look like I'll play it afterall. When a free trial requests credit card info to get in, then I'm not interested. It was never stated anywhere that it was a requirment or that I may even be d/l the full game client with the option of continued play after the trial.