DaoC - starting up again

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Ralakan, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Ralakan

Ralakan Retired Advisor

Hey all,
    Me and Doc are heading over to DaoC for a bit, if anyone is playing there now please let us know, for now we were going to try out hibernia on merlin

-Ral out

2. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Doc must be talking to ya cause I just started playing this weekend..I'm only lvl 5 so it wont be a problem starting over on merlin...PLUS I like that realm.

My char name will be Quisi so I will be easy to find....

3. Ralakan

Ralakan Retired Advisor

i have leftover chars from last time i played so, wierd names. i'll restart a Ralakan this evening ;)

4. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Ok, I started a char on Merlin named Quisa. Please contact me tonight if you guys want to hang out!

5. Ralakan

Ralakan Retired Advisor

do you have the shrouded isle expansion?

6. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

not yet...I wasnt sure if I wanted to spend the money when I bought the game...if we have a few of us playing and hanging out I surely will though...

ok..back to killing large frogs and skeletons!

7. DocKins

DocKins Well-Known Member

Guinevere is where we have our old hibernia characters by the way. Its one of the biggest servers, but we can play whatever realm you guys want. I kind of wanted to try playing Midguard. *shrug* but it doesnt matter to me, its all fun.

8. DocKins

Well just talked to Ral, and we are going to try out Merlin since its one of the most populated servers as hibernia for now, but if anyone wants to try playing a different realm just let me know :)

9. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Well, once again my name in game is Quisa, I'm going to try and be a ranger, I hope that is a helpful class in a group.

Either post your names or contact me in-game tonight!

10. DocKins

That should work out well. I chose the route of the "tank" as a valewalker. Ral, I believe, chose the support caster, mentalist, while Kynatro is pure damage output as the eldritch.

And our in-game names are Dockins, Ralakan, and Eorwen.

11. Ralakan

Ralakan Retired Advisor

played a bit last night, we're all hanging around Mag Mel right now if you're in the area. I made Mentalist so i can do a bit of healing/mezzing etc for our grouping needs

12. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Ok..I'll head up to Mag mell post haste tonight!

13. Kytyn

Kytyn Just Joined

LOL hi guys :)) .. well Quisi let me know you were here and on Merlin and I want to extend my invitation to him to you all ... when you get ready to try something besides HIb and Mid LOL .. wink wink .. and come to Albion the Good Realm .. /e grins .. please come to Kay and let me help you get started ... I am one of the Guild leaders of The Circle and will be more then glad to assist you in getting going :) TC is the largest guild on Alb/Kay and we can make sure those first levels go a bit faster and easier :) ... please look for Frankki or Silkki .. those are my two 50s for now ... If Im not on then give a tell to any member and ask for me :) .. Ill hang here with you a bit and post when I can :) .. til later :)
    Kytyn ..

14. DocKins

The chance to level fast and be part of a nice guild that can show us the ropes and great places for hunting? I might have to take you up on that offer! :) I was acually wanting to try out the necromancer, but I would also like some advice on what classes are most useful to everyone else.

15. Kytyn

Kytyn Just Joined

Necros are the real cash cows .. they can power level and earn money faster then any other class on Daoc ... thats PVE .... their RVR ability is sadly much lower .. they are not great in fights against the enemy.. not sure exactly why but i do know that many players have a necro to farm cash and PL with but use other chars to RVR ...
    Classes .. I do not know of ANY class that is not needed .. the Rogue classes like infiltrators and scouts seem to have a harder time finding a pick up group for some silly reason .. but since you bring your own group with you .. that wont be a problem .. I have a Rejuv Cleric and a Cabby as my mains .. both are versatile enough in PVE and RVR to stay as busy as I want .. the Cabby applies bandaids much like the Mentalist you said one of you started .. my current favorite tho is a Merc .. im really into tanking and melee these days ..
    I did start a Hero on Merlin last night for kicks .. lacciee is her name i think .. didnt catch any of you on tho .. maybe one day soon .. i moved her up to Howth for now .. I can also make us a druid for buffs and rezs to hang around .. i would do the /level thing on her .. lacciee I wanted to take from zero up ..
    Ive also posted on our TC boards that you might show up on Kay and to please welcome you in my name :)) .. til we meet again :)
    Kyt

Ive just heard that Dockkins was on last night looking for me .. so sorry I missed you .. Ive double checked to make sure everyone watches for you now ..... its 4 est and ill be on a good share of the evening .. hope we run into each other ;) .. ive included The Circle web addy too btw ..

http://alterra.tzo.com/circle/

16. Kytyn

Kytyn Just Joined

Ack I heard Dockkins was on last night and looking for me .. sorry i missed you .. Ive now got everyone warned to watch for you .. im on now 4 est and heading into a long raid but ill be on most of the evening .. ill give you the addy of the guild website .. hope to see you soon ..

17. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

Is daoc like EQ? or is it more of a god game? Never played it and I'm curious. I have a feeling a lot of us are going to be leaving SWG when EQ2 comes out...dunno if any of you are going to head that direction too.

Just curious :) Good luck in the new game :)

18. DocKins

Yes, DaoC is similar to EQ but at the same time it has a lot of differences. Since I havn't played EQ in quite some time it would be hard to list all the differences. There is a slim, if any, chance of me picking up EQ2 since I am very reluctant to give SOE any of my money when all they care about really is money.

19. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

Ahh cool thanks. I took a look at the website. I used to always laugh when people would say they had a bone dancer... means something entirely different to me then a mele type in a game LOL. More like an entertainer inSWG :twisted:

Looks cool tho...hope you guys are enjoying it!!

20. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

A couple of pics in Gallery for those that don't play....