Dammit. But not really.

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by rubicon, Sep 21, 2014.

1. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

So I got a bounty for an exotic weapon from one of the Guardian trainers tonight... first step was 5 strikes with no deaths. Got that polished off with a couple of near misses.

Started to get a bit excited.... maybe an exotic coming my way....

Nope. Second step of her exotic weapon quest was jump in the crucible and get a kill/death spread of 25. Bugger. I'm having a good night if I maintain a KDR of about 0.8, so I'm never gonna be able to finish that part of the quest.

I went off to farm murdercave in Old Russia in a fit of peak, and after about 3 waves a legendary engram dropped. Took it to the Cryptarch and it turned into an exotic sniper rifle (unlike the 300 other legendary engrams I've given him)

2. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

wow nice man grats. Gotta love that cave of loot. :p

3. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

I did that shotgun bounty, compared to the one I'm doing now for the fusion rifle it was pretty easy :p That crucible part is pretty BS for people who don't play PvP much though.

4. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

I haven't got a bounty yet for one? What level do you start getting them at?

5. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

I was/am level 26. Not sure if it's a "you are now level x so here is your quest" or if it's just random.

6. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Nice one mate and yes I feel your pain.

7. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

i have always played PvP games like COD or BF and the crucible is absolute insane ..

8. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

I feel your pain. I am going to have the same problem with the quest for Bad Juju (Exotic Pulse Rifle). I'm convinced the PvP servers must be in the US. I'm not normally THIS bad at PvP... or maybe I'm just getting old and my reaction time isn't what it used to be.

Things are meant to be scaled, but I still get one shot by Invective (Exotic Shotgun) users while I unload a Legendary Fusion into them and barely strip their shields. :(

I guess practice makes perfect, and I do notice on the rare occasion I seem to be on an Aussie server I do better (0.8-1.2 KD instead of 0.5 odd).

Thankfully there are other ways to get Exotic gear and good Legendary gear isn't all that bad either.

9. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

Played a lot more Crucible today. Manage to get probably a third of the games where my KDR was positive, which was some improvement. Sadly, given my earlier run of extremely poor luck I'd already dropped the quest.

Maybe next time... :)

BTW, I think it's just age hastarin. I used to be fairly competitive back in the day on UT, UT2k4 and CS/CS:S. Not anymore.

10. Dryft

Dryft Getting Started

Cryptarch is a fickle master.

11. Binary-Ninja

The servers when playing crucible are very poor for lag hastarin.. i have a exotic and legendary primary and they seem to do zero damage to a rank 8 and i am annihilated in a second yet same guns rip through the NPC's ... Maybe they need to separate them if using same but i thought xbox did matchmaking for multi payer so we should be playing against aussies

12. Ancient_One

I would assume you will match up based on ping and then level but that just me thinking out loud.

13. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

I'm sure age is a factor, but lag is definitely the bigger one. As I've got more practice, got to know the maps, and leveled my weapons, I'm getting better.

I've even had a few games now where I've not only done well, I've been the #1 player on my team. I can tell the difference between playing on Aussie vs US (or wherever else they are) servers, but sadly they offer no way to restrict the region you get matched into.

I guess they may not be using the XBox matchmaking, because surely it would do better at keeping us on the Aussie servers.

14. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

The matchmaking is some of the worst I've seen, I've had this happen to me so many times I've lost count

[​IMG]

Note this is literally right at the start of the match. Nobody had quit, it just decided to balance the teams that way.

I also regularly die out of nowhere then see someone activate their super and fire it at me AFTER I'm dead.

15. Briareus

Briareus Getting Started

Yeah, I bloody wish they matched you based on ping, or restricted you to Aussie servers. Not much fun shooting people who are air-gliding past you, or having people suddenly appear up your arse with a shotgun, no radar warning at all.

I go from mid-high level to absolute last. Their netcode is... not great.

16. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

I have heard a rumor that handing in a full set of bounties all at once increases the chances to receive an exotic bounty.

17. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

I think it may have been particularly bad over the past day or so - maybe with the lizard squad DOS nonsense...

I titan-charged a guy today and followed up with a melee to the face and he lost maybe a quarter of his shield. Twas total BS. :(

18. Ancient_One

Handed in 5 in one go the other day and......nudder. :(

19. Binary-Ninja

i handed in 3 bounties completed at same time and they gave me a exotic one for a weapon it is the lvl 22 strike on summoning pit which i hate

Queen = Purple Exotic = Yellow

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  20. Ancient_One

I don't understand their reasoning on awarding you something which turns out to be something else.

If the engram has a colour then that is what color item I expect to be awarded only to get a lesser one.

For your efforts you have been awarded a Purple, Woohoo a Legendary but wait it turns into a green or blue. Not fair Bungie, not fair.

Maybe they should have followed the MMO games in strip down weapons and armor for matts to make a Legendary or Exotic to lengthen the game play a little.