D&D

Discussion in 'Pen and paper games' started by D4iZy, May 31, 2015.

1. D4iZy

D4iZy Just Joined

I loved it ALOT till 3rd version came out, since then have there been any improvements?or is it still the same?

2. Aramar

Aramar Getting Started

Still playing D&D and can say that 3rd edition was ok but 3.5 and pathfinder really streamlined and improved it. Not a fan of 4th ed, I think they butchered too much and implemented too many changes that alot of D&D fans didn't take too :(
    Haven't had much to do with 5th ed but have heard a lot of good reviews, I think the big thing about D&D is to get a good group.

3. Rhumor

Rhumor Getting Started

3.5 got too bloated with all the feats and prestige classes. 4e was a disaster imo. The lasted edition, 5e simplifies the classes a bit and rolls in some of the prestige classes of 3.5 into the classes. A much better version to be playing now.

4. Nekokamiguru

Nekokamiguru Getting Started

I personally feel that 5th ed has dumbed it down a bit too much. But it seems to be what everyone is running with so I will have to take a spoonful of concrete and harden up and get on with telling stories and being a DM.

5. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

I started playing D&D 40 years ago (whitebox + chainmail) and that version was brutal! Then got into AD&D (D&D 1.0) and it has improvements...introduced other shaped dice (whitebox only use 6d for everything!). Played AD&D for 2 years...even went to a gaming convention (pre-internet, pre-computer gaming). But Life got in the way and I had priorities that excluded D&D.

Now I have free time and want to get back into D&D. I've watched the "Critical Role" shows on YouTube (and Geek & Sundry site). I watched other D&D 5e episodic shows on YouTube and it looked like everyone was having a great time. I bought and read the 5e Player Handbook ($28 USD on Amamzon). Made 2 characters (Ranger, Druid, Monk) for practice.

I tried asking to play at the local gaming store but it is DM-locked...need to be vetted by current players/DMs to be "invited" to play. Tried online site Rol20.net but no luck after applying to 6 games. I found that most people online want to play Pathfinder. I was offered a place with a local group of young players (20-27 year olds) but they need me to read the PHB, MM, DM guides, for Pathfinder, before playing (they're a "rule nazi" group...enjoy bickering about rules)...no thanks.

I am up for anything 5e related.

TQQdles™