Console Front Page

Discussion in 'Secret Squirrel Console Club House (Private, Hidde' started by Pure Mongrel, May 7, 2010.

1. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Retired Captain

First off ... welcome to the our new club house :D

As some of you may be aware of TOG is doing a lot of work to increase it's member base, especially on an international scale.

The powers that be, and the officers, have looked at a number of things to achieve this and a number of areas have been highlighted as "needs work!"

Once such are is the TOG front page, especially relating to the "Introduction" to each Division.

Here is our front page: console Division | TOG - The Older Gamers

As you can see it is ... well ... bare. :( (I don't think any of us even played IL-2?)

So what we need to come up with is:

• An Introduction to the Console Division (What we do and how we do it / what we offer)
    • A list of our up coming events (FOE's XBOX community gig, MAG, etc)
    • A list of events in the planing (Red Dead redemption nights, Mod Nation Racing events, etc.)

I am happy to write the intro, etc., but I would like you guys to post up some ideas on what you believe the console division offers members. (Hmm maybe we could ask the whole division what they feel it offers ... we may get some funny quotes? :D)

I would like each Squad leader to pen a brief note on what is "on offer" for members for their console of choice. (For example: Current games with activity, games you think will be big later this year, etc.)

Kiz I understand this is a little harder for you regarding "community" play but just do what you can ... focus more on the community information sharing, etc.

FOE I know you are strapped for time with your upcoming wedding, but if you do get a spare minute could you pen something about what is happening in your neck of the woods. You have done an outstanding job getting North American Players (In fact your example is spoken of a fair bit by the powers that be ;)) and a brief on what your squad offers North American players will be very valuable to us all.

If you can't find the time, do you have a fellow XBOXer that could give us a "quote" on what he likes about being a North American TOGer?

A_1, The PS3 brief should be straight forward. (Although we really need to look at hoe we are going to get more North American Players for the PS3)

Cadder, Click & George ... any thoughts or input would be gratefully accepted :D

2. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

It's a good question and one I have not had much of an idea about. I have played with North Americans, Europeans and Asians in MAG. The Americans are full on. I mean really gung hoe. Scary at times. If your not playing their game, their way you get shown the door. Anyway I will look into it.

3. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

Kewl. I like the decor. Not sure about the chartreuse walls though...
    Agree - I don't even know what IL-2 stands for.

Are there easy mechanisms in place to generate timetables, lists, polls, etc on this page? Not being a modmin, I don't know whether these things are easily handled or whether they're a PITA to administer.

The database site I'm working on (see other posts also in this section...) is now a bit more tangible than ethereal - and the intention is that that site can and will handle all the Console div squads and memberships. (There are 19 console squads at the moment). It shouldn't be too difficult to create a register/timetable for the squads (it's only another database table) to handle both scheduled and impromptu sessions. I could also implement it so a squad member can click "I wanna create an event", write the details, and send it to all/everyone who plays that particular game on your particular platform.
    (I'm thinking, for example, of Click's posting that he'd like to do some challenges in Just Cause 2)

The Magnificent Seven will have admin/mod rights over the database site so can admin/change minor details, approve awards and admin groups, etc.

I'm happy to be division proof reader, spel cheker and general division SAGN.
    [​IMG]

I've played with some Brits, too. they seem to rely heavily on team verbal abuse.
    Particularly loudly.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
  4. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

You bet mate, I can do that later tonight. ;)

5. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

My Brief:

Welcome to the TOG Console Division on behalf of the XBOX members! The TOG XBOX division is growing stronger and stronger each day. With each of the current members doing their part on bringing more members to TOG, we have members ranging from the US, to Britain, and of course Down Under. Ultimate this is done by doing what we do best, playing games!

If you sneak a peak into our division you'll see that we have members who play a plethora of games. From Call of Duty, to Forza, and onwards to Final Fantasy. I find myself constantly updating my friends list with more TOG members to play with!

We currently have a few games in the division holding strong, with anticipation for more titles later in the year. We also have our first XBOX Live Community Playdate coming up and this will surely not be the last for our button-mashing boys.

The great thing about any of the console divisions is that you'll always have someone to share a great game with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keep in mind Mongrel that this is just a rough-draft, if there is anything I need to change/add, I'm up for it. I'm always up for adding interest to the console division. Gimmie some feed back on this for sure!

6. Pure Mongrel

I will write up my part and wait for the others to submit there bits. That way they can be edited and amended to suit each other if you know what I mean.

7. Pure Mongrel

Taking a slightly different tact on the front page (Due to chats with Ulric and time constraints).

What I want from you guys is a list of regular gaming sessions that we can present on the front page. (Lets get at least something on there that shows we are active.)

E.g.: M.A.G. on Wednesday nights.

Put it in this format please:

Game:
    Console:
    Region of game host:
    Time start: (Make sure you put in relevant time zones)
    Notes: Modes played, maps, competitive or for fun, etc.

I don't want you guys to host everything, that will only turn gaming into a "job".

Hit up the guys you play with and see if they can host some matches, especially for the newer games like BF: BCII, Read Dead, ModNation, etc.

Also see if you can get multiple sessions (different days)?

We should then link that game session to it's own discussion thread (I think ... your thoughts?)

Kiz, maybe you could approach Giant Dave or Chief to host a Monster Hunter session? I would really love to see the Nintendo get some action :D

Last edited: May 21, 2010