Bye bye to the Cave of Wonders.

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Fall-Of-Enosis, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

I think we all knew it was only a matter of time....

But Bungie has patched the loot cave. Amongst many other fixes:

For the fixes themselves click here.

For the Developer notes on why they did it and more to come click here.

Thoughts guys?

I'm a wee bummed about Queens armor no longer dropping ascendant shards. Geez, it's gonna take forever to level all my legendary gear. :(

But I'm excited about a lot of the other stuff though, mainly because I just got the Exotic bounty for Bad JuJu. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

2. DataShade

DataShade Getting Started

I can't hear you, I've woken the hiiiiive

(Note: I didn't test this, but the comments I'm reading about that spot are saying that the drop rate might have been reduced a little bit but the ability to spawn massive amounts of enemies by dying before killing all the majors continues unabated.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  3. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

Yep no loot cave gone not sure what that was

But they are talking in game chat / voice .. definitely good for that part of game and a better Cryptarch .. old guy was sacked as he skimmed the loot too much ..

The queens one is tough because it is only a short term thing and she only drops the same item eel for me .. so i had 3 chest armour pieces that i could shred as all duplicates to not in use .. i used the ascendant shards to level up my other gear as you never see them drop ..

If they nerd they ascendant material thing for queen they need to increase drops of them somewhere in game as every will be stuck on level 26 / 27

4. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

I for one am actually glad about the cave changes, and not so happy about the Queen's Wrath thing, but understand why.

I look forward to their balance changes in the future. Strikes may become worthwhile and using a Scout Rifle may be viable.

I've also got the bounty for Bad Juju sitting there on my Warlock. Hopefully once the changes to it and Strikes come in I might bother trying to finish it.

5. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

"shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn’t our dream for how Destiny is played"

Fair enough

6. Cindax

Cindax Well-Known Member

"shooting at a black hole for hours on end.." is a testament to how painful leveling up is in general.
    Playing for hours on end (even at the cave) and coming away with little or no progress is going to drive players away, I hope Bungie figure this out and adjust loots drops accordingly or people will leave no matter how much fun they promise is going to come in the future.

I really enjoyed playing through the story and I'm looking forward to doing some strikes and pvp this weekend but i'm feeling the pain of slow leveling.

7. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Farming nerf.....

Shame about the queens stuff but I got a few while I could

Only 3 strikes to go for bad Juju for me

8. Binary-Ninja

That is it .. Once you cant level as no drops or no material to boost your purple armour / weapons what then everyone stuck on 27 or 28 ... Bungie need to correct Cryptarch as i got a purple in a drop only to be given a blue so even if i could of used it for materials i got duped by game .. then they never drop the upgrade materials or very rarely but they want 6 or so at a time to go up one level out of 6 in a single piece of kit .. You need like 100 shards just to fully kit out armour to go up a level or 2

9. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

I personally don't think it's "Hard" per se to level. It's just challenging. As it should be! An easy game is never fun and we all know this....

But let's be honest.....

There are plenty of other farming techniques, and we all know that none of us are quitting this game anytime soon.

:bigsmile:

10. DataShade

I didn't use the cave, and now I'm wishing I had. I was OK with my progression, but I looked at the cave as a fallback in case I got tired of slamming my head into a wall later on.

I'm only grumpy about this because vanguard marks are capped on a weekly basis, and if they're going to reduce engram drop rates, increase respawn times, and delete all unclaimed dropped loot when you die in a mission, they're basically telling me to stop playing the game for the rest of the week.

I'm off on Mondays and Tuesdays, so I get about as much playtime in on Monday as I do Wednesday-Sunday, and I'm already at 71 VMs for the week. I could hit the cap tonight after work, and then if I want to improve my gear for my primary character it's either dirtnap my way to loot in the Crucible or PUG strikes for the next 72 hours.

11. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

There's a new loot cave!

12. Binary-Ninja

yeah saw that and they say new loot is better at drops

13. DataShade

It'll get patched out ASAP, so I guess I'll go tonight.

14. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

15. Binary-Ninja

Rubicon loved the 2nd comment on that page ..

Yep Cryptarch shafted him