Burnout Paradise: Advice for those suffering from a lack of cars.

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Cadder, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

Burners, burner would-bes and burner wannabes:

Just for a fun (OK, I'm masochistic) exercise, I started with a fresh account (I set up a test account on my PS3, I didn't wreck my Cadder_au account) and started BP from scratch.

I reached B-class license in an hour and a half. (and yes, I did every event up to B-class in the Hunter Cavalry. It CAN be done)
    I'm now at A-class, and did it in under 4 hours. (3:50 or thereabouts - and that was with a bit of timewasting online)
    19/3/09 update: Reached Burnout License after 8 hours, 4 minutes.
    I'll let you know how long it takes me to get to Burnout license.If you're struggling with obtaining cars, I'll give this advice:

Buy the legendary cars pack.
    Use KITT (GT Nighthawk) for nearly everything while you're trying to get cars.. He can easily outrun the black f*ckers in the marked man events, and is streets ahead of his "matched" competition in race events.
    Use the P12 '88 Special (BTTF Delorean) for stunt runs. (in ROAD mode, otherwise she won't flatspin nicely) - at least until you get the P12 just before your A-class ;)
    Alternatively, concentrate on smashing all the billboards. (Use the save-game analyser on the Criterion website!) to get the Carbon Hawker to do races in. It's not as strong as KITT, (so you may struggle in Marked Man events) but about the same for speed.

Also, DON'T bother doing the burning routes until you're trying to get your burnout License, and don't bother fixing new wrecks until you're ready to do the burning routes. Then do them all at once, one at a time - that's 35 events straight off.
    Also don't bother chasing the cars to shut them down. Pretty soon, they come looking for you between events - in my case, i had 9 to shut down, and did six of them in a matter of minutes. They came looking for me in packs of two and three!)

If you're trying to obtain a particular car (like, say.. oh.. the Revenge Racer?) , Check here for reference to see what you need to get first.

:)

PS... this is all assuming, of course, that you don't shell out for the "I want all the cars now" pack, which IMHO is a WOFTAM. You miss out on a great deal of the fun and reward of working to win the cars, plus you don't get to learn your way around Paradise City.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. George

George Retired Captain

I'm definatley finding it harder now i have a burnout license

3. Malifor

Malifor Getting Started

Can you unlock the legendary cars, or do you haev to buy them?

4. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

You have to purchase them through the online store. They're a DLC addon pack.

5. DarkMellie

DarkMellie Active Member

Link please! I have one gate left and be buggered if I can find it!

Found it.. in check my stats go to the ps3 Discovery Map.

6. click

click Well-Known Member

7. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

/blows dust off

Hey what orsm advice 10 years down the track now that I'm doing Burnout Paradise Remastered :)

Popped the Platinum last night...
    I'm kinda missing my old racing buddies.