[BOSS] Jackal Tips

Discussion in 'Warframe (Public)' started by hastarin, Aug 7, 2014.

1. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

You can find the basic information for Jackal on Wikia here:
    Jackal - WARFRAME Wiki

Of note is he is most vulnerable to Electricity so make sure you have the appropriate Mods on.

I was duoing him yesterday with PeanutMayhem (who will hopefully be in TOG and the clan soon) trying to get Rhino Blueprints. In the process I've learnt a trick that isn't on Wikia so I thought I'd share it here in case it's not known.

@roob had given me the following tips in a previous fight:
    1. Concentrate on one arm/leg to get him into a downed/vulnerable state.
    2. Stay away from melee range so he doesn't use his rockets (run slide, jump, dodge, and do whatever you can if they do go off).

I'll take that one step further here. Your target should be the backwards facing joint of his left arm as it's a weak point and I was critting with a MK1-Paris for 271 damage a shot and bypassing his shields.

He uses his right arm for his stomp so it's moving, which BTW you can jump over the line in the ring that emanates from the stomp to avoid it, you don't need to hind behind the pillars.

Once he's down move in and melee his head since it tucks under his body in the downed state and becomes an easy target.

The last time we took him down I was concentrating on the elbow weak point whilst Mayhem kept him busy, and once down Mayhem used his Excaliburs Radial Javelin (maxed with a 25% power upgrade) while I went for his head with melee. He didn't get back up!

I've attached an image with the weak points highlighted for your convenience.

TLDR version:
    1. Ensure you're modded/equipped to do Electricity > Puncture > Radiation damage.
    2. Target his Left Arms backward facing elbow (like on a dogs hind leg) to bring him down.
    3. Target his head with melee, or whatever weapon best does the above damage types, once he's downed.

Attached Files:

2. roob

roob Retired Captain

I was reading up on some of the newer boss scaling mechanics they have added in the last update or so.

Some times I have done bosses solo or grouped and blasted them, other times I have run across the same enemy and it's been a real struggle.

With boss scaling now, they reckon it kinda goes off your rating (kind of like how conclave is worked out).

So if you go in solo with a lower ranked frame, mods and companion, then you should be fine if you have the mods and strat to take advantage of the boss vulnerabilities.

If you go in with a full group and everyone has higher ranked frames and mods, but low ranked weapons, then you're going to have issues. The boss will be scaled way up, but you won't have the damage to take them down.

With boss kills required now in order to unlock further planets, it's quite possible for players to be content locked if they can't complete a particular assassinate sector.

If you're going to farm or take down a boss then scaling should be a consideration. Bring in your best stuff (warframe/weapons) for the entire group, otherwise you'd probably be better off helping by not helping at all ;)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  3. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Good to know thanks.

I did some Google work to elaborate and found the following:
    Of course that may not be correct, but thought I'd add it for reference.

4. FRIENDLYUNIT

FRIENDLYUNIT Well-Known Member

Good tip that left elbow one thanks.

5. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

hum, this means it's actually problematic for a higher ranked player to come help, as it just makes it more difficult.

PS, Mag's Bullet Attractor + Excal's Radial Javelin is still an awesome combo.

6. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Conclave rank is the rank you get for passing trials?

So if I don't do the trials (other restrictions not withstanding) it becomes easier to play?

I also looked that when you have 4 players each only deals with 50% of the number of mobs compared to a single player dealing with 80%.

Better drops as a group as everyone gets stuff that drops.

7. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure conclave score is purely on gear.

8. BlackIce

BlackIce Guardian Captain

Conclave was introduced to give a rough indicator of relative player level compared to one another, for use in the (reallllly beta) dueling you could do.
    Looks like they have expanded it. It assigned values based on what you had equipped. Level of weapons and frames, and how high level the mods were.
    It has nothing to do with your account level, so thats a plus.

One comment/tip for Jackal.
    Dont waste ammo during transitions. It takes a certain amount of damage to take out a limb. As mentioned, focus on one limb. Spreading it around multiple ones is wasted because it requires 100% damage on one limb before it goes down. If someone else did 90% damage on a 2nd, that is totally lost effort.
    Likewise, as he is falling on his damaged limb, he takes zero damage until he is down. Don't continue shooting that leg, or his body, until that has finished. It will just force you to reload while he continues to attack.
    Likewise, its a certain amount of damage he takes before he stands back up. eg Its sometimes possible to do that full damage in a phase with one slash dash. Any additional damage is wasted.

I have had some nightmare versions of him when he is leveled up (as the assassination target). We literally ran out of ammo and ended up zerging him to death by dieing, getting ressed by someone, and using our newly refilled power bar to hit him with an ability before cycling again to gain some more.
    Kind of silly. We should have restarted. :)

9. roob

roob Retired Captain

Not to derail this thread about jackal, but doing a T survival last night showed how boss scaling works.

Vor showed up and with 200% mob spawn, life support to collect and his upscaling due to player rating, it was a bit too much.

The map itself was fine, but the boss scaled over what we were capable of with the weapon and frame setup.

It got very messy :(

I think on T4 now i'll bring an acrid or something just incase