Black Prophecy

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Reoh, Mar 7, 2009.

1. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

You know it doesn't though...right? :lol:

2. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Details on Player Clans and their Clan Stations have been released!

Feature story: The clan system - Black Prophecy Community Forums

In short, there will be ranks with various rights/powers assigned to them. We can build our own stations and modify them over time, as well as restrict access to the stations as we choose.

3. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

No. It should, we share our seasons with half the planet and no educated person is ignorant of this fundamental pattern. To ignore it is either arrogant or incompetent.

Back to the game - All I really want from this is Aussie or Asian Servers. Oh and check your emails if you've signed up to the beta. :p

4. Leevers

Leevers Guest

NDA Has been lifted, and OPEN BETA should begin beginning of 2011 some time.

I just had another run through video's and screenshots and I'm as excited as ever!!!

Since 2008 we have been tortured, and it looks like it's coming to completion!

http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8577

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  5. fantomas

fantomas Active Member

6. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

I was in the closed beta. Was far to laggy to play from Australia though. And by far too laggy I mean I'd spawn into the world floating in space, crank up the engines and some minute and a half later I'd just kinda teleport somewhere then I'd sit and wait for another minute before being warped to some other place.

I tried it a few times before giving it up as a bad job. YMMV but unless they have servers in your country then I doubt it's going to be much fun.

7. Brainlost

Brainlost Just Joined

Black Prophecy - finaly online

Well, the game is running, I´m playing this for a week. It is just amazing (k, I´m in Germany - no lags), the Prologue is great, the missions (PvE) are realy good (even if you play the same mission over and over, the server makes some variations on it), there are some sectors where both factions are in the same space (big fights) - and the graphics are marvelous.

There are also UK and US Servers so it´s worth a try.

The graphics are like X3, the feeling like Freelancer.

8. Sente

Sente Active Member

I agree with Brainlost here - really nice game I think. Great story with the prologue, fun combat and very nice graphics.

Shared (PvP) zones seems to have a bit too many Tyi at the moment, hopefully evens out a bit.
    The generic PvE content is generic, but they are still pretty fun and the variations they make within the same mission type helps. Have not tried the team missions yet, only the solo missions.

Crafting was a bit bugged when I tried it (did not complete properly), will hopefully be fixed.

I have seen some people complain about lag, but I have not had any problems with that (in Sweden) so far.

9. Brainlost

Brainlost Just Joined

The People at my Faction (Genides) says "Welcome to the Mature Faction" when someone finishes the Prologue and lands in a Genide station. They´r also doing regulary "clean-up raids" against Tye spammers in the Junkyard sectors, so it´s getting better. I´ve noticed, if you are skilled about lvl-10, there are no problems doing the missions even in the PvP zones.

The team Missions are realy fun to play, doing some battles with 4-5 Wingman is a great experience. And as you are leveling up, the missions are getting also better then the low-level ones, there are regular fights against battleships, espionage, repair, rescue, etc.

Another Thing - with every sector you open - the graphics / atmosphere in the new sectors is a realy a "jawdropper". I catch myself every now and then just flying & looking around after the finished mission and doing "wow, man this just looks awesome..."

Btw. we could make a European TOG Clans, I´ll be testing today the UK/US Servers, so if anyone interested, drop me a message.

10. Sente

Sente Active Member

Yeah, I noticed when Apo Kata opened up that there were new/more mission types there which was quite nice. Good to see that this will continue ;)

Love the graphics, they look really nice - I also pause just to look around and take in the view.

I play on Kenmura, will mainly be playing a bit on weekends - only time I can play. Got a Genide named Senten so far.

11. Aldmw

Aldmw Active Member

Im not out of the prologue yet, but so far apart from the lag its been great.

12. Brainlost

Brainlost Just Joined

Update

Just a notice about the difference between solo and group / team missions. The team missions give more EXP points then the solo ones, and teamplay is realy a must - while in a solo mission with the same difficulty level you can go easy through, in the same level group mission it will be much harder to achive the objectives. Yesterday played with same level teammates and every second mission was a real chalenge.

Around level 10, it is obvious how the different weapon setting accord to the PvE and PvP Mission types - the teammates must coordinate the targets, must improvise a little bit, and take different tasks in the combat (f.e. long range snipers, rocket assault, etc.). I was not aware about the fact that the rocket guys are just bombing wide spread the hell around the target, so they killed me a couple of times.

On the other side, they were also not aware the fact there is someone between them and the target area, so it took a little bit while we found the right tactics.

And another "wow" effect: I was yesterday playing a solo mission where I should first destroy the turrets on an abandoned Battleship, and then protect it from enemy boarding parties (transporters and fighters). After that I should activate some communicatons buoys around the ship and then initiate a self-destruction sequence on it.

Well imagine trying to close up to a realy big spaceship floating in the space and turning around its own horizontal axis. Awesome !

13. Gauis

Gauis Getting Started

I have a Tyi on the US server, if anyone else is on it let me know... Char name is Gauis

14. Xarix

Xarix Getting Started

I would join you but I found the game way to buggy to play.

15. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

Only just getting out of the prologue myself. The only lag issues I had were during the inner and outer nebulas missions.

16. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

Check my sig for my character names. Just getting into the Genide missions at the moment. Seam to be doing a lot better as a Genide than Tyi, I guess I just like energy weapons over projectile. Nothing beats a particle cannon at close range. :cool:

PEWPEWPEW!!!