Black Prophecy

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Reoh, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

Same. Need a good space MMO. Home the economics is simple and there aren't many barriers to co-op play. I want an MMO where I can just jump in and shoot some stuff with friends not having to worry about much else.

2. solarbear88

solarbear88 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that is not really the model for a MMO. I know what you mean, but current MMO's all seem intent on having you grind for hours and hours doing boring stuff. I am a bit surprised there are not more FPS style space flight games (can't think of any) with coop and vs instances.

My ideal MMO would be a combo of Eve-like space Exploration... and ground based planet exploration in Mech-Warrior type units.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  3. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Gearbox if you're reading this, we want Borderlands in Space Fighters (and don't let the publishers charge Aussies extra for the same bloody product).

4. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

I can't believe I missed this! Read through the game info on the website..looks great! the story was pretty good to read as well, signed up for the beta :)

5. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  6. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

Yeah, a Borderlands/Diablo style Action/RPG in space would be awesome. I guess Freelancer kinda does that, but that game is old now and was designed more for single player stuff than co-op action.

7. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

And free2play, not 30% extra for Aussies.

(greedy buggers)

8. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

im been wondering what all the coin store will have in it

ship parts ships, but what else

9. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

Pilot enhancements maybe...:)

10. Zhul

Zhul Retired Captain

If they make it "purchase = win" I won't touch it.

11. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

[​IMG] Nidhogg [​IMG]
    gamigo AG

post today

Our closed beta will start in the next week

also posted

[​IMG] Snowcrash [​IMG]
    gamigo AG

[​IMG] Black Prophecy: Behind the Scenes - Issue 4
    Many things have happened since the last issue of Black Prophecy: Behind the Scenes. After a long journey, Black Prophecy has finally found its publisher and is now headed for the home stretch. With gamigo publishing the game, some new aspects have come up, which has resulted in some concern among the community. In the following interview, Patrick and Kirk will address those issues to assure the community that there is actually no need to worry.

Read the full story on the Black Prophecy website!

IF u get into CB theres a NDA so do not post here or any where about it there abit upset at moment about other brakeing other NDA s

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
    Reoh likes this.
  12. theZee

theZee Retired Moderator

Micro-transaction, the way they are looking to do it though seems to be a lot like League of Legends. You can get the same gear as people that spend RL money, but it will just take you slightly longer to do so...I like :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
    Getafix likes this.
  13. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Yeah that works for me, microtransactions "save time" but don't provide bonuses unattainable through simple play.

14. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

I believe it depends on the pricing. Many previous micro-transaction models have required financial commitments greater than standard subscription rates in order to remain competitive.

Many micro-transaction games owners are tempted to put overpriced and overpowered items on their cash shop, knowing it will soon become a de facto standard, particularly in a PvP game.

15. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

True Mesar, but at the same time it also reduces the volume of people willing to commit to that. Ideally, micro-transactions should help you progress faster and also provide additional services (like server moves, race changes etc.) along with non-combat themed extra's. Most of the things you acquire (except server changes etc.) should be attainable in game, given a fair amount of time.

This means that nobody gets an unfair advantage, they just get an accelerated growth path. Couple that with well placed pricing and you'll have a larger volume of players buying things they desire, while not forcing players out of the game. If people start flooding out the door because they can't keep up, the server's end up ghost towns and then there's nobody to play with. The death of an MMO.

16. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

BP news there changeing the web page tomorrow

[​IMG] Snowcrash [​IMG]
    gamigo AG

[​IMG] IMPORTANT NOTICE: Forum migration to gamigo web space
    On Thursday, April 29, at 11:00 AM CEST (GMT+2) we will take down the Black Prophecy forum in order to migrate it to the gamigo web space. We are expecting to be able to have the forum back online on the new domain around late afternoon.

The new forum URL will then be forum.blackprophecy.gamigo.com/

After the migration of the forum software it will be necessary to link your forum account to an existing gamigo account. Otherwise you will not receive permission to post new threads or reply to existing threads. However, the process of linking your forum account will be fairly easy and we will also provide a short tutorial for this on Wednesday, at the latest on Thursday.

think Closed beta begins friday !!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
    theZee likes this.
  17. Book

Book Just Joined

Add so it begins.

Zitat von Press release
    Hamburg (April 30, 2010) – It's the moment players have all been waiting for. gamigo and Reakktor Media have given the green light for closed beta testing of the space action MMOG “Black Prophecy”. The virtual universe is now open to a select crew of daring pilots looking to join the Genide or Tyi factions.

In the past few weeks, the Reakktor team has been working very hard to get “Black Prophecy” ready go to into beta testing. The focus during the first phase of testing will be on server and program stability. For that reason, only a small group of about 100 players will have access to the game server. More fighter pilots will be recruited in time.

18. Book

Book Just Joined

Who will YOU fight for ???

Just a quick pole to see what faction will TOG members would like to fight for. Tyi or Genides

For me I like the look of the Tyi ships.

hope to have the ingame name of : Togbook

cowkiller likes this.
  19. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

im sure we will have a tog clan in game. the way bp shapeing atmoment there going to have a long closed beta. so mabe see this game released in the fall or winter .

20. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

Better to say Q3/Q4. Fall and winter are not fixed time frames all around the world, it's fall right now in the southern hemisphere for instance.

Kinda irks me when I see something is releasing "this coming summer" when it's already summer here, like our summer doesn't count.