Black Prophecy

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Reoh, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Leevers

Leevers Guest

*sigh* this game will never be released lol

One would expect one hell of an experience with a huge playing world, or one can assume their working on two projects at the one time.

Development is slow on this one which is good to see given it's spent on ironing every intricate detail.

2. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

I believe that they've been very tight lipped on info because they were shopping around for a distributor, that may mean that development has slowed but is not explicitly reasoning. There have been no reports that I am aware of which show they've been cutting back on personel recently.

In the meantime...

If you're not signed up, don't want to, or just want to check up on an older newsletter; Black Prophecy now has a newsletter archive available online.

3. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Did you catch part 1 of the game physics discussion a couple weeks ago? Because if so and you're interested, part 2 was just released. Feel free to discuss it here or on the game's forum. Its fairly technical orientated but an interesting read, especially if you want to get into game development.

4. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

5. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

6. Leevers

Leevers Guest

Yeah your not wrong Reoh... This game is well overdue in my opinion, and I can see upon release, it's going to clash with a couple of other hot titles off the press

7. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

They were held up for a long time with fiscal issues, but reported they'd secured some more backing for the project. Hopefully we'll start seeing some more 'Regular" releases soon. Maybe I should pester them for an interview... ;)

8. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Now this is more like it, a QnA for Black Prophecy on the Game's mission system, over at Massively.

You can still find on the fly missions (for both pve and pvp) through terminals, but what they really wanted were missions that told real stories. Missions, that tried to do away with the classic kill/collect quests we're used to in most contemporary MMO's.

9. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

Interesting, but I'm very wary of "dynamicly generated missions". I can't really see them telling a story too well at all. Good stories take everything into account and use it in subtle ways to surprise you. If it's just a bunch of randomized events strung together you're going to see through to the "game" logic fairly quickly I think.

I've played a few games that have tried similar things and they've never really worked before.

10. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Hopefully they'll have both, or better yet a dynamic system that evolves based on whats going on in the universe (from NPC's and Player actions).

11. MMOGAddict

MMOGAddict Well-Known Member

I'm crossing my fingers for this game, does sound a bit like the X series of games, but played as a MMORPG.

12. Leevers

Leevers Guest

13. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

I see someone already mentioned this, but just thought I'd pop in that this game has announced it will be FREE TO PLAY and RELEASE IN 2010, just in case people were subscribed to the thread. there's also some footage on youtube you might want to check out.

14. Leevers

Leevers Guest

Good and bad news really, would mean micro-transaction are in place, but great none the less

15. Book

Book Just Joined

Would not worry too much about the micro & cash shop .... spend all you want on your ship BUT if you dont have the first clue how to pilot it you going to die. A well organized gang of small ships can rip any oober ( or what ever the saying is) ship apart.

Did read somewhere that there is the possibility of looting micro/cash items in missions. Is there any info on the crafting side of the game pls ???

You tried to blag any beta keys for us yet Reoh ... :D

16. Leevers

Leevers Guest

This is more an FPS type game, as opposed to a all out MMO. Whilst ship design seems similar to that of EVE, I just don't believe they'll come close economy wise to what EVE provides.

We've all signed up for BETA, but closed BETA isn't even in progress yet. In-fact I don't even recall an alpha beta unless I missed it?

17. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

update your closed beta acount they had a oops and lost afew
    forums are saying april for closed beta. i realy hope i get in. bit shocked when they did anonce the game was going to be a f2p

can finaly break out my old flight stick was saveing for mechwarror 5

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  18. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

When will the beta for Black Prophecy start?

Closed beta is due to start in April.

bottem of the page
    Black Prophecy: FAQ

also a Question are we going to put a guild/clan acount up in there beta forums ?

a[TOG] space station would be a cool thing

Reoh likes this.
  19. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

I've personally got no issue with micro-transactions model any more.

I personally only subscribe to one game at a time, but a fair priced micro-transaction game I could afford to run alongside my regular game. Added to that I can test the game for free, I don't have to risk $80 of my money on another crappy game that was released too early.

I got converted to free-to-play model by Puzzle Pirates, an awesome little game with better game play elements (but worse graphics) than the vast majority of MMO titles on the market.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  20. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Please... please... please let my app be accepted before the final 2 week rush before launch.