BF3 multiplayer gameplay to be shown at E3

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Jakob_Pavlov, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

yeah saw that MW3 spys SJ

2. reFUSED

reFUSED Active Member

Whether you like it or not, BF3 has adopted a lot of good things from BFBC2, BF2142, and BF2.

As i previously said, same engine as BC2 (improved version - Frostbite 2), and same developers.

To say people should not compare it to BC2 as a point of reference to describe certain elements in the game such as destructible environments, sound mapping, character movement / animations, is a ridiculous thing to say. The developers for BF3 have taken what they have learnt from developing the various BF games over the years (BC2 included), and are hopefully creating something we will all enjoy.:)

Like it or not, BF3 will have major similarities to BC2 in terms of the game environment and functions. Not necessarily the game play though. The game play (hopefully) is, and will always be true to the BF2 format (ie larger scale battlefields, more vehicles, and a higher number of players on a server).

You are entitled to your opinion, but I fear you may have been very selective in what you want to hear from the developers themselves. From all of the different interviews and articles I have been reading and watching on YouTube, even the developers make references to BC2 as the model from which they have designed a lot of elements for BF3. Did you not notice the fact that BF3 is going to have "Rush mode" in the game? Straight from the horse's mouth in an interview.;)

BF3 Video Feature (fast forward to 8min 7seconds in the interview).

I am not sure how you can label BC2 as a "console" game as though it is a bad thing. For someone like yourself to have played BC2 in excess of 490 hours (20 days +) on a PC, I am a little bewildered by your statement. :confused: To have invested so much time into the game, there must have been some elements in the game that made you come back for more? The good news is that a number of these great elements of the BC2 game will be adopted into the upcoming BF3 release. This should satisfy "The expectations from most of the BF community".:D

So I think it is more than fair to be able to compare the upcoming BF3 to BC2 in some way, shape or form.;) It makes sense to, seeing as BC2 is the current "benchmark" game in the "Battlefield" franchise. Upon just viewing that extra multi-player footage that C4 posted, I fail to see how you cannot draw some comparisons to BC2.:confused: Similar weapons, explosions, dogtags, automated voices during play, destructable environment etc.

I did like the fact that you can blind the enemy in the tunnels with the flashlight attached to the support soldier's gun.

I think we can safely assume that BF3 will not be an exact clone of BC2 if that is what you are worried about. It will just have some similarities, but on a grander Battlefield 2 type scale.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
    T0by1, Jakob_Pavlov and maddog2204 like this.
  3. Binary-Ninja

Yes rush is good thing but if the resize the maps back to BFBC2 just so rush can be played it will ruin the game , what i mean by console is smaller maps and the squad layout + weapon choices ..... at least it is good to see not everyone can be the one class maybe squad will work better ....

Alot got turned off BC2 because they thought game play would be more like BF2 , i just want to see them compare it to their previous large scale FPS in BF2 , how balanced the game play is with better comms , larger maps etc.. The game play in BF2 was totally different then BC2 not sure why but it felt more like a COD then a BF

4. Undy Pants

Undy Pants Active Member

I thought BF2 was on of the best warfair FPS in a long time, but saying that BN i am a bit COD fan too. Maybe thats why i liked the game so much;)

5. Binary-Ninja

I agree BF2 i would also say is still the best Warfare based FPS on the large scale nothing has measured up to it since in my opinion ... But i like COD as well for the smaller maps faster game play different reasons etc...

I just think BC2 tryed to be like COD when the fans were hoping it would be more like BF2 , also that come from the way they promoted the game ...

6. BaRRaS

BaRRaS Well-Known Member

RtCW was the best FPS ever!
    :p:p:p:D:p

but bring on BF3!!!

7. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a guy in COD4. He jumped up and sideways, went flat prone twice in mid air to help dodging bullets and landed still running. XD

8. Dragonhammer

Dragonhammer Well-Known Member

Here is a video that explains alot of questions

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011