Battlefield 1 - WW1 - the war to end war

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Dekay, May 8, 2016.

1. Kaptain Reefer

Kaptain Reefer Well-Known Member

bolt action rifles like the German mauser were exceedingly accurate even with the standard iron sights which could make for some fun sniping, the american Springfeild 03 and the russian Mosin Nagant were all capable sniper rifles with the standard iron sights

2. Tulgar

Tulgar Battlefield Leader Staff Member Moderator

Concurrently to what has been said, is the current Origin price in country of origin currency (ie, Aust dollars for most of us)?

3. Stalin

Stalin Well-Known Member

The WW1 genre is very appealing.

I hope this means less gadgets and guided stuff that turned be off BF3 and 4 so much. Bolt actions and bayonets ftw! :D

Also hoping that there will be less emphasis on ranking up, unlocks etc. and a return to more of a skill base.

But I'm not holding my breath :-?

Am expecting customised skins, crate unlocks, marketplace etc. a la CSGO. It's what the kids want, unfortunately.

Still, this is the most hopeful I've been for BF in years :)

4. nietzsche

nietzsche Battlefield Leader

I am of the same opinion as you Stalin, however I don't think we'll see "whacky" CS:GO skins. Dice aren't silly enough to let pink zebra cammo into a WW1 game!

This guy posted on Reddit saying he played it (well before DICE mentioned the setting), so he probably has played it. Says the full auto accuracy penalty is big on machine guns -- probably to balance. They probably shoot like a BF4 PKP without any attachments (big kick, lots of spread if you full auto).

Pigeon mode involves fighting for pigeons then send them back to base? Kind of CTF meets obliteration? mmmm

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  5. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

'...it took like 6 or 7 shots to kill someone'. ah crap...looks like its back to the arcade again. Maybe EA are taking a page out of Ubisoft's book re bullet sponges like in The_Division.

6. Kaptain Reefer

Kaptain Reefer Well-Known Member

that could be a problem with a standard bolt action rifle most of them except for the British Lee Enfield .303 that holds 10 rounds only hold 5 rounds

heres a good example of what a skilled marksmen can do with a bolt action rifle with iron sights

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  7. nietzsche

He was probably a low accuracy player. If anything the WWI theme will make gunplay a bit more brutal. Bolt actions will heavy hitters that reward accuracy, creating a big skill gap.

On weapon skins, this guy makes a couple of interesting points.

8. nietzsche

Here is Jack Frags explaining the Harlem Hellfighters (similar to the video posted a couple of pages back).

9. Pharoah

Agreed. I love bolt action rifles...and it works for games like DoD and/or RO2 where one shot = one kill (most of the time anyway). But in BF? its going to be stupid if we have to use up all 5 rounds on one player who will probably be doing the old dolphin dive or jumping jack. I just hope this doesn't end up being a situation where 1 player with a semiauto pistol (like the one in the BF1 poster) > 5 riflemen with bolt action rifles, through pure movement.

10. nietzsche

Confirmed SUAVs will be in Battlefield One!

[​IMG]

11. nietzsche

You have nothing to worry about imo. Because they have SMGs/LMGs in the game, the damage model of the bolt actions will have to be high so they are competitive.

So we will probably be looking at 55 damage body shot and OHK head shots at close range (< 50m). A very high risk/reward balance and fun to use for players who like a challenge.

12. IvanIronass

IvanIronass Well-Known Member

Don't forget the bunny hop :)

Seriously, if anyone is on the move, then the accuracy of their aim should be severely compromised.
    I hope they get rid of the BS rapid fire single shot recoil free nonsense like the DMR in BF4.

13. Pharoah

here's hoping!! :)

14. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I'd say bolt actions are going to be 1HK for headshots and 2 for body shots if automatic weapons are 5-6 for a kill. If it were any more, I couldn't see bolt actions being competitive against a team with SMG/LMG.

I think I lack the patience to be successful with a bolt action, too hasty to take the shot and end up missing a lot of the time.

15. Pharoah

I used to be like that but I learned to love the rifles back in the DoD days, esp the Garand, but more so the Kar 98. Having being killed so many times, I then thought 'if you can't beat em, join em'. I died quite a lot in the beginning until it dawned on me that I had to change my play style. Once I did (esp in a CQB environment), my kdr grew. I also let the SMG'ers run ahead too :twisted:

16. nietzsche

I enjoy that play style also... I'll be the medic letting the [STRIKE]meat shields[/STRIKE] SafetyDave and other comrades run in with their SMGs.

I'll be behind with my Garand and revive needle! Oh the glorious points.

17. tekooly

tekooly Active Member

my nades are not so cheesy

18. IvanIronass

IvanIronass Well-Known Member

That strategy reminds me of someone else : "You go ahead Claw, and I'll cover you" lol

19. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

If you can't correctly identify who the bullet sponge is in your squad... you're the bullet sponge!

20. nietzsche

lol! Claw will love this Battlefield because he is old to enough to have actually fought in WWI. :p