Battlefield 1 - WW1 - the war to end war

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Dekay, May 8, 2016.

1. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Let's hope someone doesn't find a kludge like they normally do. I hope we also don't see one particularly grindy map that 50%+ of the playerbase doesn't automatically swarm to. While they can be fun at times, it severely reduces the population on all other maps (especially DLC maps unless they can find a grindy version there as well).

2. Buttersoft

Buttersoft Well-Known Member

+1

Why even play BF if that's what you want?

EDIT: Do we have any dates so far?

3. tekooly

tekooly Active Member

another excuse huh butters very soft glad your still around but no choppers hehehe

31st/august beta , 24hr pre start for insiders

hook that email account up dudes to refresh !!!

4. nietzsche

nietzsche Battlefield Leader

More Raw Footage -- Sinai

[video=youtube;D1R9-gE1qic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R9-gE1qic[/video]

5. tekooly

tekooly Active Member

very much looking like point and shoot ummm noobish ?

6. nietzsche

Gamescom Overview

[video=youtube;wGmqIcmJWzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGmqIcmJWzE[/video]

7. IvanIronass

IvanIronass Well-Known Member

Hey Cheese, you sent me a friend request, but your list is full...

8. nietzsche

Hey Ivan, try accepting via the Origin app, it lets you have 2000 friends. Battlelog is still 100 or so.

9. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

BATTLEFIELD 1: DISAPPOINTMENT INBOUND

[video=youtube_share;Et-jbBFWem0]https://youtu.be/Et-jbBFWem0[/video]

Sorry for including this video...
    Quite long winded...
    I couldn't resist the CoD bagging tho...
    "Attention span of a house fly"...bwahahaha...

10. tekooly

tekooly Active Member

burn the disc

11. nietzsche

Good video imo.

My only concerns so far:
    - Elite classes with buffed health. Will get old very fast.
    - Behemoths. A team that is 1 ticket behind will still get it, potentially imbalancing the round.
    - Movement is super fast and ultra-fast close quarters weapons are still in (semi-auto shotguns with one hit kill, 900+ SMGs)
    - DICE couldn't help themselves, every class can damage vehicles, limiting class requirements.
    - Some questionable mechanics, charging and ultra-strong melee.

But overwhelmingly it's good stuff. COD players might be disappointed with it... But if they persevere, they will love it.

JGR likes this.
  12. nietzsche

Levelcap on Conquest Point System

His game mechanic analysis videos are SO BAD. One of his arguments: "Having lots of points for capping means people will rush onto the flag, making the game less strategic". LOL!!

[video=youtube;dHM0hMJNz_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHM0hMJNz_Q[/video]

13. nietzsche

Neebs and co review

Funny bastards!

[video=youtube;OBz6PUYGqr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBz6PUYGqr8[/video]

14. nietzsche

Few minutes of gameplay.

[video=youtube;NHQSNAG8kKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHQSNAG8kKw[/video]

15. Kaptain Reefer

Kaptain Reefer Well-Known Member

what battlefeild 1 needs is obvious...more nakedness...hot naked chicks for the guys and ripped young studs for the girls...this will bring in new players like flys to honey..and along with all this joyus nakedness us older hippies can reminise about our days of LSD inspired nakedness at music festivals like Woodstock...VIva the Hippy revolution...Hasta la victoria Seimpre comrades

16. nietzsche

Rush Footage

[video=youtube;xc31TX5CMQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc31TX5CMQQ[/video]

17. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Someone made the point before about Behemoths. I don't know how this is meant to balance a round since you're removing people from the battlefield and placing them into killing machines - for what purpose? Seems more like a consolation prize. Ok, enemy has controlled the flags better than you, chew a few of them up for no reason whatsoever.

Given that deaths don't affect the ticket bleed, how does removing people from being able to cap flags help them in any way? If there's less people capping, it only helps the winning team.

18. nietzsche

Yup, I have come to the same conclusion Purg. It's more like a reward for the losers!

"Oh well you got owned, at least to get to ride the Choo Choo Train of Death".

19. tekooly

tekooly Active Member

pending on the driver and placement chooo chooo stoping at fredricks house , the train can quickly occupy the flag allowing for a daring cavalry charge to pick some apples ,

so time deployment of the behemoths and how you use them is critical and its all up to the bird in the sky General tweety fokka to report enemy locations to where the behemoths need to be ! which we don't have good wing pilots just old vet choppers as far as I know ? or we can hope in a commander , but unlikely as tek wasn't too advanced in the early 1900's ,

20. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

Let me first say I value your contributions to the forums, particularly the dedication towards informative videos...
    Secondly, wherever possible I'd rather agree with someone than disagree...

Having said that, however... ;)
    I tend to agree with Levelcap here...

In some of the recent video clips there has been an emphasis of running from flag to flag for the point havesting at the expense of strategic game play, imo. The team play video springs to mind...

While Levelcap didn't mention CoD tactics directly, the "dumbing down" or "bunch ball" type game play does seems to be in evidence to me and looks suspiciously like trying to appease/seduce CoD players...

Personally, while I will be playing BF1 whatever the case, I am at best confused by and at worst more than a little disappointed at the ramification of where this emphasis of point harvesting at flags is taking us...

Should I abandon my decades of strategic play emphasis for running around like a headless chicken, twitch/reflex play or, dare I say, playing like a CoD player?
    Should I even worry about gathering points?
    Should I find solace in developing a healthy KDR at the expense of PTFO?
    Should I join the horde of players that spawn and die, spawn and die without trying to incorporate a more realistic approach?

Playing the game "properly" may ultimately mean involving myself in a "soulless" endevour without any real sense of gaming fulfillment...