Armored Warfare - anyone created a TOG battalion yet?

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by BuffyAU, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

Forum usage and interest at a constant pace. The post here in the public area is the best start as it will allow Admins to gauge the interest in the game. You will also need members to step up and lead the way and give direction for the newly formed group in the game.

With the battalion already in the game a Battalion list is also a great way to show numbers - make one and keep it up dated when members join the Battalion.

2. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

So using TOG The Older Gamers before we are official is legit that is only issue I am more worried about, I know in many games, maybe its just MMOs you have can do TOG, but make the initials stand for something else like Tristan, Oden's Gamble or something for official name till an officer sings off on you being allowed to use TOG on that server. That is the main confusion I got is whether I should be in BLEEP Black Sheep that has more members but includes non TOG friends of TOG or be in the TOG one that doesn't any real organization right now. I mean as is when I got back to work on tuesday I can't play with AU players anymore so left high and dry since I don't know of any non AU players in TOG who play this yet.

3. Mach 5

Mach 5 Retired Captain

Right.
    So, to be perfectly honest...I like this game very much, and have played since last year. However, I sense most TOG members (who like this genre) remain in WoT...which is fine and understandable given the investment. Anyone who knows me need not question my dedication to TOG in almost everything. In this case, I'm not joining the battalion until and unless there is more interest (despite the invite). I'd rather have a look around and see who is TRULY interested in maintaining consistent activity...even if that's not TOG (as much as that pains me to admit).

4. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

Problem is there is plenty going on despite WoT in fact when I stay up late I find far more AW players in TS then WoT, we use their channels specifically because its so in-active of late. Its like Warthunder that division has dried up pretty damn well as far as I have noticed, see the big thing is we got close to 20 people who play right now mostly Aussie though, and at least 6 or so who use TS when they can and group up, granted 4 of them are not in TOG clan because its not quite clear if is gonna be a real thing.

That is the problem here we got the players, they are playing it, we can easily get more into it, problem is its all adhoc its a bit of a mess so people can't really get into it TOG wise because the group I run with has been playing and claned up under Black Sheep or BLEEP for some time now they don't really follow this forum well because its not an official one and its kind of buried up in sections most people don't read.

I mean that is my big concen is the amout of those actualy using TS these type of games are always better when you are grouped up and on TS able to enjoy it more and feel like your part of something more, that is why I joined TOG and became a big fan in my WoT days long before the SEA server pretty much destroyed it for NA players, and my schedule that makes it hard to play with Aussies during my work week.

The only way this will be a division loke WoT was, or WT or any of them really is if we have some one step up and start straightening it all out. I go back to 6am work schedule Tuesday so I can't really do much, but simply passing on that when you are on check TS and try to group up with others using it will really help. These types of games with out a dedicated forum or TS going well are really not that great to try to play as a group I mean I got no idea when some one sent a "hello" post in TOG clan chat since I hop in and out so much it could have been 2 hours old by the time I saw it.

5. Vayden

Vayden Active Member

Just joined open beta (applied for closed like a year ago but was never invited) and so far am loving this game, I haven't played WoT for a few months and don't see myself in a hurry to return. I'm just not the type to split my time between multiple games.

I was in TOG3A back in the NA days of WoT but on SEA spent most of my time there in PANZA and FLEX. I'm looking to get established in AW and shopping for a Battalion and it appears my old clans aren't looking to do much in this game.

I'm with Mach 5, I roll with TOG in a lot of games, but I like to be in a competitive and active clan/guild etc. Hope you guys are able to get something going. So far I haven't seen any Battalion that stands out as being the place to be for an AU player so you might have a good chance of attracting some members if someone is willing to step up and start organising things.

6. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

Guys,

All it takes is for one person to really step up and lead the way for the foundations of a division. You can have all the discussions and groups in game and on the forums, but in the end it means nothing if nobody wants to lead the way. First things first - have some one step up.

7. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

Is this the official battalion? Has it got Admin tag of approval?

8. _Riven

_Riven Getting Started

Hey Tzeentch.
    I didn't get any approval to start it up. I mentioned it in this forum trying to gauge interest. People were keen to group together but no to start the battalion. With the aim of opening the door so we could play together I put the gold up to create the battalion. Must admit I didn't even think about getting permission to use the name sorry - was about midnight when I did it and was thinking let's just create it so we can have a presence.

The TOG battalion has 12 active players at present and I am on most nights Aus time and looking to platoon up with TOG'ers. I have only invited TOG players.

Since forming the battalion I have had many platoon games in PvP and pve. Actually starting to see players calling out TOG, TOOOG and similar at the start of some games now although that maybe due to the WoT TOG tank more than the clan....

I have been in the WoT, ESO and Archeage TOG groups and always found it enjoyable to group up so couldn't see a problem with the battalion creation.

If anyone wants an officer spot to help organise some more competitive groups I'm more than happy to invite, promote and help.

9. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

Is anyone else having Nvidia card issues with the GPU crashing mid game?

10. Andru

Andru Well-Known Member

I haven't played much lately. When I was playing the fan on my Nvidia card would rev up to a very high level whenever I went back to the garage after a match. It continued to run at a high rate until I entered another match. Bug reported it but never got any reply. Never had any crashes although I did get disconnected a couple of times mid game.

11. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

From the forums it does say that the garage will max out your GPU.

12. DemonAzrael

DemonAzrael Just Joined

hey

Hi,

in game name is DemonAzrael, been in AW since start of BETA and was a WoT player for around 3 years. This wont be my main game but I will still be steadily playing it. If/when the battalion goes live I would like to be a part of it.
    Thanks and hope to see you in game, Azrael

NA Central time zone

13. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

Just letting our members know we now have a thread in the Members FPS area.

Can read it here.

14. _Riven

_Riven Getting Started

Sent you an invite Azrael

15. DrDarkMatter

DrDarkMatter Getting Started

Yes I would be keen, I started one called TOG Blacksheep sort of as a place holder for when TOG showed up but I am not fussed if we disband it and start with something else.

having said that we have some others on the [BLEEP] TOG Blacksheep group that are not TOG forum members and I dont think want to or cant be bothered.

So I am not sure how that will work, I am fine for us all to have a talk about it

16. Jeimuzu

Jeimuzu Active Member

Jeimuzu
    I'm keen to start playing tanks with TOG again. :)

17. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

EU server has a far better gaming experience than the NA server, talk is that the NA server is dying.

18. Yak

Yak Armored Warfare Captain

19. Sader T.

Sader T. Getting Started

I play AW on and off through out the week, was wondering if there is a Platoon I can join up with? My ingame name is SaderT

20. Yak

Yak Armored Warfare Captain

Invite Sent

Invite sent