Arma 2 - Previews

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Dr_Eyeball, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Col.Johnstone

Col.Johnstone Just Joined

does anyone know if arma 2 will support 64 players online? Also can someone take a stab and tell me if me rig amd 6400 dual core, 8600 gts nvidia and 1gb ram run arma 2?

2. Mecha-Wombat

Mecha-Wombat Well-Known Member

From looking at the screenshots and HD video I reckon it would struggle to have a fluid framerate

3. Ulric

Ulric Administration Team Leader Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I was looking at the OFP 2 site and there seems to be a rumour there that a date has been set for ArmA2 Pc Version is down for June 26th 09.

4. Dr_Eyeball

Dr_Eyeball Active Member

The 505 Games publishers did use that release date on their official site a week or so ago, but it has since changed back to "To be announced", so there's no certainty. The German publisher also had a date which was a month before that even. This is the same sort of staggered release arrangement they used for Arma 1.

As of a week ago, all the news sites have now been given permission to start posting their previews and screenshots of the alpha version (reported as February build possibly), which has been good to see. So that alone should be an indicator that the "planned" release date should be around that mid-year period hopefully if all goes well, give or take a month I guess.

Some cool stuff shown:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  5. Slapstick

Slapstick Active Member

There is some new info on the Arma2 web site: Chernarus revealed! - ARMA 2

Col: Arma2 should handle 64 player games. I seem to recall reading that there actually would be no hard coded limit on the number of players per game, the only limit would be how many players a server could handle without lagging.

6. Dr_Eyeball

Dr_Eyeball Active Member

Just to keep this topic complete...
    The German version is due for release on 29 May 2009, which is a few weeks before the English version on 19 June.

Characters:
    [​IMG]
    The Arma2 website added a 5th Intelligence category: Characters, which describes the key characters in your squad and their abilities for the SP/MP campaign missions. Pretty basic info.

Map of Chernarus:
    [​IMG] Click for direct map.

Plus today, there is a new sub-section to the Chernarus intelligence category called Map of Chernarus, which includes an interactive (flash) map, with about 10 "pop-up fact hints" over certain towns. The jpg map is probably easier to view though. It reveals the 3 airports, towns, damns, lakes, high tension power lines, train lines, roads and other geographic info.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  7. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

It will be hard for anyone to really say how your systems going to run in mate, before we get hands on experience. Even when the company has released th eminimum reqs, it'd be a best guess prior to real gameplay insights.