[DONE] Application of MrSmiley

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by MrSmiley, Oct 9, 2010.

1. MrSmiley

MrSmiley Just Joined

Greetings,

I came here to apply for membership to your community.

Flintwick of your Mortal Online division suggested this to be a good 'step' for me as I plan to play MO shortly and dependable contacts may be helpful.

I'll answer the questions you have stated as examples (which is easier than making my own text up).

1 What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG?

I play alot of games on and off, mostly though either FPS's or MMO's these days. So I would (for now) probably play Mortal Online with you people. And maybe there are Civ II (note, not the newer volumes eg IV or V but the oldie) fanatics that are willing to play.

2 Why do you want to join TOG?

It might be handy to be part of a guild that has resources that go beyond a single game. And the idea of having mature (eg old farts like me) players near appeals, usually I am used to the kids who have different tastes and priorities than me.

Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm a 44 y/o married man from The Netherlands.
    I/we have 2 children and I am employed as a Software Tester (I used to program software before that) in a large global company.

My main interests are (these days!): hiking, collecting videogames (the retro kind), drawing 'doodles', my family (of course) and reading.

First videogame/systems I had: the Philips G7000 (known in the US as the Magnavox Odyssey2) and later the ColecoVision. Both systems I still cherish and collect for.

I've played most pc games since 1987 altho lately my interest seems to wane a bit (most be my getting old lol).

So there, my application.

One thing of note perhaps: I dont use voicechat in games, my playtimes prohibit me speaking out loud (I play mostly at night), and besides I like to stay IC at all times while playing a RPG so voicechats distract me more than they give me.

I'll await your ruling. Cheers.

2. Flintwick

Flintwick Retired Captain

Glad you made it over here Mr Smiley! :)

Someone will be along soon to TOGerise you, at which point you will have full access to all the divisions. When this happens, you will find our division at: http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/mortal-online/

Have a look around when you get there, then check out The Old Guard subforum, its charter etc :)

While you wait, feel free to have a read of our Division site, which has some nice articles about MO, and some guild events. You can find that here:

Mortal Online Division | TOG - The Older Gamers

Welcome aboard, and I look forward to seeing you in MO soon!

Flint

3. Snowbull

Snowbull Retired Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 43,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers