[DONE] Application for M3RRi

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by M3RRiK, Oct 7, 2009.

1. M3RRiK

M3RRiK Just Joined

1. What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG?
    2. What was the first gaming console you own or pen and paper game you played?
    3. Why do you want to join TOG?
    4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.

2. M3RRiK

M3RRiK Just Joined

Application for M3RRiK

Who put the enter key there! Would some kind admin please remove my previous, accidental, thread. I couldn't see any option to edit the post or remove the thread. Thank you.

What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG?

What was the first gaming console you own or pen and paper game you played?
    Well, other than the usual "Naughts and Crosses" and "Squares" with pen and paper my oldest memory of any game requiring a power supply would be a calculator I had at school that had some number games built in. Man, did I miss a lot of math lessons because of that thing!

Then, handheld Asto Wars YouTube - Astro Wars (Galaxy II) GRANDSTAND 2 of 2 nintendo casio handheld tabletop game toy by elosevilla

Our maths teacher at school was very progressive and purchased a ZX80 and the "Computer Club" was born. From then on I was hooked, but not really to consoles. I annoyed my parents for months until they finally purchased a ZX81 for me, then onto ZX Spectrum, Acorn's BBC Micro and finally PCs. I'm so old that pictures of these relics can be viewed at Retro Games at WWW.RETRO-TRADER.COM-Retro Games Vintage Computers Classic Console Handheld Games Toys On Your iPhone

Why do you want to join TOG?
    Well I'm a senior Clan S.A.F member and would like to open up communication channels between us and TOG regarding 2142, scene and players. We too have a 2142 server and a strong following with plenty of regular players (probably those that cannot get on the TOG server when it's full :)). I'd like forum access so we can accomplish this. To be clear, as per my profile, I'm not after full TOG membership, very happy with S.A.F but the ability to liase and swap notes would be great.

Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.
    Married since 1994, I have 6 children, two daughters aged 2 and 5 which means I don't get to game as much as I'd like and 4 fully restored pinball machines which I adore! (not as much as the family :))

Cheers,
    M3RRiK

3. Ashlann

Ashlann Retired Moderator

Hi M3RRiK,

You have currently selected 'No' to 'Are you applying for full TOG Membership?'

If you would like to join TOG, please edit your profile and change this to Yes.

4. Ashlann

M3RRiK,

Rather than delete threads, I've just merged them.

You just need to make that change for me and I can process your application:)

Once you are a member you will be able to edit your posts.

5. M3RRiK

M3RRiK Just Joined

Done. :)

6. Ashlann

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 36,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers

7. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red

M3RRiK, it sounds like you are more interested in just liaising with the 2142 Division in TOG rather than full membership. If this is correct, there is a forum for this purpose all set up, or you could talk to the Division Captain, Maddog.

Ashlann likes this.
  8. Ashlann

Thanks Cailith. :oops:

M3RRiK, I completely over-looked this, I'm sorry. You should have hit me with a heavy stick when I asked you to change this;)

Please follow Cailith's excellent advice and get in touch with maddog via our public forums:)

Many thanks!

Arienne likes this.
  9. M3RRiK

M3RRiK Just Joined

Thanks for the approval. :)

I have already PM'd Maddog before getting to this point and have really only applied on the advise from "The Omen" who suggested the 2142 forum would be a great place for us.

Still don't see any ability to edit or remove my posts here!

Cheers,
    M3RRiK

10. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red

Hi mate,

Actually the right place to handle this is Shooter Games: The Range where requests for scrims and interaction with other clans usually takes place.

You'd need to be a full TOG member to go into the BF2142 forum, and that's not really its purpose.

[Edit]

I should add that you are most welcome to become a TOG member if you so desire!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  11. Ashlann

Hi M3RRiK,

Having been pointed to the part of your post where you say you don't actually want full membership, I removed it.

Just let us know what you'd like! :)

edit: You already have access to the public forums where you can chat with the 2142 players, if that's what you're concerned about:)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  12. The Omen

The Omen Retired Moderator

Im PM`ing Merrick now guys to sort it out. :)

13. M3RRiK

M3RRiK Just Joined

Hi Ashlann,

Now I've come this far I'd very much like to have membership please. I'd like to be part of the TOG community.

Thanks,
    M3RRiK

The Omen likes this.
  14. Ashlann

Then let it be so, and an excellent decision sir! Welcome to TOG... again!

have a(nother?) good read of post #6:)

Arienne likes this.