APB Reloaded

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by Zalzany, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

I brought this game up months ago, to no success. But started playing it again to relive some MMO stress, and realized this would be 100x better with some TOGers. Linking some video clips of a two man, some times 3 man group that were dinking around bounty hunting and missioning in game.

Its free to play, using a lease system for guns, you pay in game cash for 10 day leases on guns. You can buy special guns or guns you could unlock through grinding as well for free, but have to use the 10 day lease for them. Note early one it looks like the guns are pay to win, but once you get familiar you can kill pretty much anyone with stock guns, and quickly unlock customization ones that are identical to stock minus mods that upgrade something at the cost of another stat, IE longer range, for a targeting reticle that expands more from rapid fire, or rapid fire, in exchange for smaller clips.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. xenoph

xenoph Retired Captain

I downloaded and tried it a bit, but I just couldn't get properly into it.
    Just not my thing, I think. I looked through some videos first where it looked quite shiny, but it didn't transfer well into my screen.

3. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

yeah its not 100% quad core friendly I had to lower some settings and tweak it to make it run well on my pc... still fun though.

4. tlbww

tlbww Getting Started

I was excited for it b4 I had a comp to run it. Tried it when it went f2p. Was super laggy, kept booting me out, and wasn't very fun. I saw a lot of exploits and it did seem like p2win. Firefall is more my speed.

5. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

Yeah it had issues with quad cores, and if your punkbuster is off it will ruin the whole game for you. The pay to win part disappears after a few weeks of play, I was killing players with tommy guns the other day using there valentines free assault rifle, just have to know the pros and cons of the guns range, or aiming style. For instance tommys need to aim so if you get a spray and pray gun you odds go up in close end fights, and if you use an assault rifle or basicly any rifle you can stay out of its optimal killing range.

6. greatdark

greatdark Just Joined

I play APB:R on a regular basis on the Joker server if any one ever wants to group, I'm rank 230 trying to grind my last 5 ranks.

7. spiceynoodles

spiceynoodles Just Joined

awesome game

Non-stop PVP/gunfights and car chases...awesome!

I'm on the Hong Kong server whatever that's called on the criminal side :)

8. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

Old posts but still page one, in my boredom I started playing this again they upgraded it a bit since last time this was active, and oddly enough get good ping on the hong kong server, making wonder how legit that is...

9. Nera

Nera Architect

APB

I'm hooked on the stupid game that makes me so angry, crim is 197, Nerakeus is player. I'm not super, but not horrible, would love to group, on joker. So is greatdark ur char? (I'm a 45 yo female btw)

10. zerax

zerax Just Joined

i played this for a while, but at the time there were alot of cheaters and it had slight latency for me so i stopped but i did enjoy the game alot.

11. Nera

Nera Architect

Still quite a bit of hackers and lag spikes, but some pretty decent players as well...wish I was one of them, lol :). Never been gold myself, but up to 200 now for rank on my crim char.

12. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

Oh wow people have been posting on here. I have played in a while but if Joker is where people are Ican delete a toon and roll a new one, I got a decent amount of bind on account toys when I last played so should start up pretty easy on Joker.

I never played on joker so no clue on hacker situation there, but it seems like my server had the smallest amount of complaints. Anyways I got a nanny shift today, but feel free to post names and I will try to find you guys on Joker today after work. Almost burned out on skyrim, been playing that bored waiting for an MMO to catch my attention. Oh and I should be using Zalzany on joker, I will make the toon right now, Zalzany is normally free on most servers, *knocks on desk*.

Got a few patches to go through so probably just have time to make the toon before toddler wakes up so I can start my nanny shift. I am in AZ so if your east I forgot what time zone I am in now, I am mountain time but do not observe daylights so either on time with cali or with colorodo.. I never pay attention to if its daylights or not...

Update: Made the crim Zalzany on Joker, did every thing I could do tutorial wise minus the first mission, packing a colby shotgun ARMAS fancy cheap model, CR-5 three slot assault, Whisper, A three mod slot sniper, an Act from the retail copy code, One 3 slot LMG the slower car eating one, A Vegas full mods slots that I desperately need to relearn how to drive, the crim Jeep, and I getting the carbine for semi auto from my free permanent basic gun after I finish new tutorial... So yeah I may be a new toon but once I get some mod unlocks people won't know the difference, and I will have every weapon type covered with a permant gun lol

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  13. greatdark

greatdark Just Joined

Yes I used to play. I have since been banned twice for "griefing" people, aka running into people during a mission. So I have a third account cant remember his name but on joker as crim.

14. Nera

Nera Architect

Got to group up with zalzany for a couple missions...any other takers? My char is nerakeus as crim, in joker...eastern time zone of states.

I put in"greatdark" as a friend and it shows up, so maybe that's ur name in game, greatdark. :).

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  15. greatdark

greatdark Just Joined

Name is takemeaway