APAC CoE Home Report

Discussion in 'Chronicles of Elyria (Public)' started by Logan_P, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Logan_P

Logan_P Getting Started

Hi All

I will be using this thread to record my findings on the APAC CoE situation: specifically what groups there are and what their strengths and weaknesses are. I will also be getting a feel for their communities, goals, structure and organisation, what they can offer and general drive and preparedness in relation to my experience in other pre-alpha games/mmos. I will update any changes in situation as they occur.

As some context I backed at Count level during the KickStarter and have been eagerly reading over all the CoE information for the past week. I want to make it clear that my opinions here are my own and I dont intend to try and force anyone to see my point of view or share in my experience, Im just putting my views out there in hopes of finding a nice place for my county.

Im happy to answer any questions on any of my findings and if you think of anything I havent thought of or maybe been unclear on please let me know! :)

~LP

2. Logan_P

Logan_P Getting Started

Group: Crimson Alliance (CA)
    Leader/s: Count Shax, Count Odo, Count Sigewulfe
    Numbers: 7 on discord at time of chat (will update for a more median number as time goes on)
    Type: County Alliance

I chose this group as their forum post view and reply count were low (0 replies/62 views as of writing this) and not being a kingdom would naturally be smaller, leading to a good start for my first report.

First Impression:
    I was quickly welcomed by two of the leaders and we were joined shortly after by the third. They were quite polite but also seemed to talk around me, mentioning things that were obviously inside jokes or references to inside conversations. This leads me to believe they have poor recruitment practices as limited attention was given to the new person in their discord.

Conversation:
    I began asking questions based on the information they have on their CoE APAC thread. I wanted to get a sense of where their direction was at and if they were intending to follow through with their claims on their post or if that was just hype. I was open in that I was in the process of reading their post and was disappointed when I was confronted with Sigewulfe (the one that will get the duchy no question asked) point blank telling me he hasnt read any of it at all. I thought this was a joke to be honest but it was confirmed by Shax that he isnt really "focused" right now.

I began asking questions about their duchy take over plans and it was indicated that, that is a lofty goal (more on this later) that is not really realistic 3/21 counts. Pretty much a pipe dream the way they sold it, very long term and shouldn't be spoken about. Odo actually made a point of rejecting the "Kingdom takeover group" image. They began talking about growing their influence and each focusing on a specific area: research, military and trade. I went into that a little further but was really struggling to get a grip on what, besides being different and surviving, they want to achieve.

I also got a spiel about my rank and if I was count they would talk more, but if I was lower they really didnt mind and I could just join. This is the impression I got, I could be misinterpreting their meaning, it was late after all.

DM conversation with Shax:
    As indicated, if I was a count we could talk more so I let Shax know (as he seemed the most chatty) in DM that I was a count and would like to know more about plans and what joining would mean. This was the first point where I was asked anything about myself or what I wanted to do in CoE. I tried again to get a grasp of what CA was about and what they wanted to do short term. I was told they wanted to secure their power base and expand to give Sigewulfe a duchy first then the other two - but that aspect was negotiable. The first duchy would not be negotiable. Shax also apologized for Sigewulfe and confirmed that he currently wasn't focused.

Pro's
    - Small, intimate group, could get in at baseline level
    - Polite and accommodating
    - Nice forum posts

Con's
    - No apparent structure
    - Immaturity within leadership
    - Goals seem unachievable, with no real way to get there
    - "come back at expo" attitude (yes this was actually said)
    - Small numbers
    - No active recruitment strategy (at least that I was exposed to)

Neutral
    - Not in a kingdom (until we know more about AI I cant judge if this is good or bad)

LP's Thoughts:
    These guys sadly dont impress me at this stage. They aren't able to really articulate the connection between "we are here" to "we have a duchy", although they are open in saying that is a very long term goal. There were hints of condescension I felt when I wanted to know more about what and who CA are. I did not feel gripped or excited to be in their discord or be potentially part of their group. While I felt welcomed, I did not feel like they were particularly interested in recruiting me or selling CA to me.

Mandrake has let me know since my meeting with CA that it is very early days for these guys and he has had positive interaction with them. Maybe this was an off day, time will tell. I am willing to revise as I see more of them.

TLDR
    At this stage I would be very hesitant in placing my county with CA. I see nothing here that motivates me to want to be apart of them.

Seventythree likes this.
  3. Logan_P

Logan_P Getting Started

Hi TOG! I apologise I have been qiute ill and my investigative powers have suffered o_O Fear not, here is my next report:

Group: Tylsia
    Leader/s: Katlynna
    Numbers: Maybe a dozen, give or take a few
    Type: Kingdom? (IP does not support this yet)

I was passed an invite to this group and soon learnt that they were a ‘pending’ kingdom. With no forum post or information to speak of I took on the challenge of my first Kingdom.

First Impression:
    I entered the discord and was immediately greeted by a handful of people – one person, Aieyla, was particularly helpful. Everyone seemed very interested in getting to know me and asking questions about how I came into contact with CoE – I felt these questions were a little designed to gauge my pledge and intent which suggests a recruitment strategy.

Conversation:
    I was asked about my goals in game and Aieyla asked a lot about what I wanted to achieve and where I left off with CoE (at kickstarter), filling me in on a lot of info. She was also very open and was able to give me details about the theme and limited information regarding the kingdom. They are going for a more Britton themed, medieval/feudal kingdom with aspects of the Roman Empire.

Somewhere here Katlynna jumped on to introduce herself and say a few things but disappeared into gaming quite fast.

I genuinely felt excited to be in this discord talking with this group.

Wider Community:
    I found out that Tylsia is part of the “Northern Alliance” which consists of this would be kingdom and the Aequitas kingdom. There appears to be major confusion about the nature of this alliance. With Emery (King of Aequitas) stating that they are basically one large entity while Katlynna identifies them as separate entities that consider each other before acting. This could be a future point of contention and does not bode well for their community.

Though I have not entered Aequitas yet, I have had reports from TOG members and first-hand experience of their community within the Northern Alliance discord and it isn’t a pretty sight. Very immature, aggressive, weird bunch of people. Frequent suggestive/NSFW pictures/content and frequent abusive language. Just no.

Pro's
    - Tylsia people are really nice
    - Genuinely interested in people that enter their discord
    - Good recruitment pitch, not overly pushy
    - Leader very approachable, if easily distracted
    - Members seem very committed

Con's
    - Not a real kingdom at this stage
    - Small for a kingdom, really lacks support
    - Want to go Neran, but IP does not support
    - No visibility on the CoE forum
    - Limited structure, though this could be due to lack of members

Massive Con:
    - NORTHERN ALLIANCE, really cant state this enough. Really brings Tylsia community down.

LP's Thoughts:

I really like these guys. They were nice and friendly and very interested in what I was doing and what I wanted to do. They were passively recruiting me but weren’t overtly aggressive about it which was nice. They didn’t try and take any conversation to DMs yet were very open and transparent about their ideas.

Sadly these guys are really small and Im not sure about the commitment to becoming a Kingdom (if you have the money and announce yourself, back it up no?). I think these guys are using their association with Aequitas to buff out their stats, but I think its going to cause them a lot of grief in the future. The association in the Northern Alliance really brings down the vibe and maturity level of their community.

TLDR

They just aren’t viable at this stage. I want to see the leader commit to actually becoming a monarch and see what they can do with a Kingdom free from the shadow of Aequitas. Being part of the Northern Alliance and TOG members’ treatment at the hands of Aequitas members makes them a solid no. Watch this space though, if they course correct and grow it could be an option.

Seventythree likes this.
  4. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

Per the "separate but all-one" issue: I has in a gaming guild, Order Swordbrüden (OSB), which was separate but within the fold of the larger gaming guild, Order of Excalibur(EX). OSB had their own goals and future but directly supported EX whenever request. OSB had 30 members, EX had over 200. Perhaps this is the same situation with Tylsia? The larger group is going to handle things on the Epic Over-reaching Goals (military) and the smaller group will be handling the crafting, researching, trade. It also sounds like the two leaders are related/bf-gf/married in real life! -)

As for the NSFW crowd: That is the norm these days, especially the younger crowd. They've been raised on FPS games where sh*t-talk is the norm. And I am not surprised about the sexually-suggestive chatter...I've experienced that A LOT back in the early days of gaming...especially amongst the middle-aged women and young adults. There was even a well-known gaming group called the Black Widows...a Matriarchy where the male players were slaves!!?? -)

TQQdles™

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  5. Seventythree

Seventythree Getting Started

Great reports, Logan_P. : )

Looking forward to see more of what's on APAC even though I'm an EU count myself.

6. [TOG]Mandrake

[TOG]Mandrake Active Member

yes i have been in talks with logan on this topic given him the knowledge i have for the apac server and look forward to his reports. i have also offered him to be the Tog rep for APAC which he has accepted.

i will be playing a alt on apac so i am keenly interested to see how these reports turn out.

and good to seeya back 73 we missed you :)

7. Logan_P

Logan_P Getting Started

@Seventythree Tack! Im glad they are making some interesting reading for folks outside APAC.

Life (read: work) has been a bit flat out lately but after my chat with Mandrake I hope to look into the last 2 Kingdoms this weekend, then I can get started on laying some foundation for TOG within the group and my county.

@Dolnor you very well could be right about and both Aquitas and Tylsia could be effectively the one guild, messages are still very mixed; Aquitas sees them as one entity while Tylsia is adamant they are seperate entities. Wither way we will see eventually ;) also Black Widows....thats just creepy :D

8. Logan_P

Logan_P Getting Started

Group: Aeqiutas (AQ)
    Leader/s: Emery
    Numbers: 17 (this is A LOT less than in the Alliance discord)
    Type: Kingdom

DISCLAIMER – Reports from other TOG members and my own first hand experiences with members of the AQ community before I entered their discord made these guys a solid no, so before going into this report I am indeed bias, however my intent here is to create and find a good community for TOG on APAC, these guys are just not it. For completeness I will report my finding on entering their discord.

First Impression:
    I was quickly welcomed by Grimlock Haven however pretty much ignored by everyone else. At this time a conversation regarding another game or anime series was taking place in other channels, so there was indeed activity, just not toward a potential new member. This gave me time to read over the information posted on the CoE forum about this kingdom.

DM with Grimlock Haven:
    I was immediately DM’d by Grimlock who wanted to know why I was in their discord and what interested me about the game. I gave the usual spiel that I was sussing out all the groups before I stake my claim and why I invested in CoE. Second message into our conversation he began to crap talk the other groups instead of telling me what made AQ great. I questioned this and he said he had third hand info that he was drawing on and got a little defensive when I said I wasn’t really interested in that and this was the first time someone had down talked another group to me. He tried to recover when he found out I was a count but again started slandering another group. I said I would prefer to make my own mind up and that’s pretty much where the conversation ended.

I later found out this guy is part of the leadership.

Conversation:

I moved to open chat where I was given a “hi” by a few people but then again quickly forgotten/shown little interest as conversations continued around the previously mentioned anime/game. It took about 3 minutes before subtle sexual innuendo and typical “f* this, f* that, f* you” (read Hard Men of the Interwebs) talk began. I tried asking some questions but members were too busy measuring each other’s epeen to answer.

I moved to the entry hall channel again as I had a few more greetings to respond to. Of particular note was Uriel Valentine who attempted to answer any question I had. I drew on a few points about the forum post, namely that each Duchy is independent and that the AQ community runs frequent events. At this stage Emery addressed me stating the Dukes are free to run things how they like but they are beholden to him (so like the majority of the kingdoms out there from what I read?). After this he vanished again.

On the other question of activities, Uriel was surprised that was mentioned anywhere and really struggled to identify anything they did. She ended up admitting they really didn’t have anything going on and that statement should be amended or more activity should be encouraged.

Emery re-entered the conversation to point out that AQ is really a gaming community first and a Kingdom second. They are more about people’s freedoms and gaming together than talking about CoE. I asked him to elaborate on this a little. He got a little patronising, pointing out CoE was over a year away and they needed something to do in the meantime, so they play games (which is a great idea!). When I asked about those games he mentioned ARK and LiF. I asked more about when they were going on, if the days were organised or whatnot. They don’t play them anymore, in fact I got the feeling they don’t play anything at all.

I tried to get a feel for what AQ was about but Emery couldn’t answer, Uriel tried to save him a few times but ultimately Emery tried to get me to move chats to talk to the “rank and file” instead of in the entry hall (to which I was linked by one of their members) which was restricted. It didn’t make much sense so I asked about that more and he got defensive, trying to police me to somewhere else. Uriel jumped in and said he had worded things poorly and I was in the right place to ask questions.

Emery began to interrogate (at least this is how I felt about it) about my understanding of the game and how it was difficult to answer questions unless he knew ‘where I was at’. I asked about tribes and was told they are going Brudvir and that this was a ‘double kingdom’. I questioned that, stating that as far as I was aware they were two tribes in one kingdom the same size as all the others. He agreed and again had ‘poorly worded’ things.

**meanwhile in open chat, discussion about who was really a girl and not a “trap” were taking place**

Emery and Uriel both began to point out that AQ was the only kingdom that had announced what tribe they wanted. I questioned, stating that Tylsia had made it known they wanted Neran. They both back peddled. I don’t really know why they tried to highlight this at all.

I asked about the Northern Alliance and Emery disappeared. Uriel became very cagey stating I should ask the others (Tylsia). I said I already had and she went on to say she couldn’t add anything extra unless I had a specific question. I did, namely the conflicting information on them being one entity or two separate kingdoms. I took my conversation to DM with Uriel, who stated they are in fact separate.

DM with Uriel

Uriel was really nice and took the time to answer me, even when it was uncomfortably obvious the questions were highlighting misinformation or something put out there that wasn’t right, so I wanted to take the time to ask more discrete questions of her – namely what makes Emery a great leader. Answers I had previously had in the past were, “because he lets me do what I want,” and, “because he is an epic guy.” I wanted more. The conversation was very frank and open, besides again the ‘nice guy’ pitch I didn’t get to why Emery was a good leader, but I did pick up on several faults highlighted by Uriel, namely and most importantly: communication. Emery doesn’t seem to care much about those without a pledge, when Tylsia split from AQ only Emery’s higher up knew about it, the rest apparently wandered around aimlessly without a home. He also frequently misunderstands how what he types is perceived, leading to frequent misunderstanding? I tried to get more about Emery as a leader, but I wasn’t given anything other than a really nice guy.

Just before I was ready to close discord I had another message from Uriel. She went on to crap talk another kingdom so I guess it’s a common theme with people from AQ.

Pro's
    - **A lot of good values in their concepts and write-ups
    - Uriel was very polite and accommodating
    - They seem to be embracing the Brudvir to the fullest, including lore titles etc.

Cons
    - Immaturity within leadership
    - Emery really seems to have no idea what his kingdom is about, what his community is doing and seems to really lack a positive leadership style
    - No active recruitment strategy (at least that I was exposed to) beyond "emery is cool yo!”
    - No apparent interest in the game
    - **Everything they say seems good on the surface, but it’s all fake, they have no LiF or ARK, they have no gaming community, they have no ‘Free Duchies’, they have no community events, they are not the first to announce, they have no unique selling point (freedom is what every other group was doing too). 100% fake news.
    - They need to talk other groups down to make themselves seem more appealing?
    - Their numbers don’t match what is in their alliance discord, they have buffed them out with non-CoE people?
    - Community banter – holy hell it’s bad. Just no.

Neutral
    - They seem to like their role play. Some people like it, some hate it.

LP's Thoughts:

Everything I have been told about this community and what I had experienced through other discords is 100% spot on. I would rather go it alone in an NPC kingdom than join these guys. Everything they say has to be looked at through a microscope because it is either misleading, false or just flat out misrepresentation. I am not impressed with the childish behaviour Emery displayed when asked some hard questions nor am I impressed with how their members conduct themselves.

I feel robbed of time that I could have been enjoying games being around this group. I got a very sleazy vibe from all but Uriel and even that began to unravel towards the end. I cannot stress enough how mislead and bewildered I felt talking to these ‘leaders’.

I have been very critical of them in this report and I know that I was bias going in, but I did expect some redeeming factors, something that I could put down as equalising for others that may find them appealing. I found nothing. If you don’t want brudvir, move along, even then reconsider tribes.

I note because I have been so critical in my write up of this group I have been careful to document and screenshot to add validity to my claims if people feel my bias was too strong.

TLDR

No, not a chance in hell.

[TOG]Mandrake and Seventythree like this.
  9. [TOG]Mandrake

I can 2nd the Hell no.

i am bais of-cause because i was the first toger to deal with this group and my experiences playing LIF with them was not so nice. i must say that i could not play with them again or serve under emery or some of his dukes.

that is not to say there are not good players there. Grimlock is a good guy but i feel he may be getting influenced by his peers so basicly repeating info as it were. another Duke Durs if he still with them is also a good guy.

but yes the bad apples way out wight the good ones.

i am glad you were able to get a full feel for them yourself and come out with your own objective view. my earlier info may have coloured your view but for the record i never gave you any that info till after your talk with Tylsia by which point i am sure you started to see the issues without any words from me.

good news is there is still 2 more groups for you to look at and the 2 npc kingdoms. with 1 having crimson alliance. and we have another 6-7 months to work it out :)

some of these kingdoms / alliances may deserve a 2nd look latter after we have all the info needed. see how it goses maybe you will fall in love with 1 of the 2 remaining kingdoms but i think we can safly say 1 at least is been crossed out

10. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

I watch the CoE Discord sometimes. Gives me a prelim look at how some people are addressing the game.

TQQdles™

11. Logan_P

Logan_P Getting Started

Group: Lor Voskara (LV)
    Leader/s: Xakorai
    Numbers: 20+
    Type: Kingdom

This is the last and perhaps most established kingdom on APAC. There was a wealth of info on their website and recruitment post so I purposefully left this group to last as to give me time to become well versed on what they are about.

First Impression:

I entered the discord and was immediately greeted quite a few people – including the King and a Duke. I was welcomed to the discord and told I could ask any question I wished, including info on how to join the Kingdom. One thing I noticed instantly is that these guys called themselves a Community quite a bit.

Conversation:

I asked a few questions about various elements I read about on the website and recruitment post, namely the caste system and Kingdom structure. Both of these seem quite well defined with the caste system only there to help people within the kingdom identify what each other are doing at a glance (worker, warrior, scholar), and the structure primarily based around a system where those that contribute are put in positions of importance. I was told that LV was primarily a community where members helped each other succeed in game and where the community was put before the individual to an extent. I questioned this and was told that helping each other created a strong centralised Kingdom and in turn made it prosperous for all members within a kingdom. To follow up one of the Dukes, Preacher, identified that he would be investing in peoples businesses as much as possible, making the individual strong, allowing him a regular income, and ultimately making the Kingdom strong. I was quite impressed.

King Xakorai began to speak on the values of the community, stating that they held regular gaming sessions to get to know each other and begin the ‘working together’ mentality. I questioned and they currently play the following: ARMA 3 (have a server), Fortnite, Seven Days to Die (have a server), and are contemplating getting a LiF or Conan Exiles server. Participation is not mandatory but I did see quite a few engaging in ARMA 3 (voice channels) as I was chatting, a game had apparently just finished.

The conversation turned to me and what I wanted to do in game. I again gave the usual spiel and a member, Valegor, questioned further. They all seemed quite interested in seeing what I was doing and my own personal journey with CoE. At this stage they offered to link other communities to ensure I had a full picture of the APAC region before making any decisions. I stated I had already visited the other ones and this didn’t seem to faze them, they continued to ask about my goals and what I wanted for my county.

I was put in touch with others that shared similar interests and we discussed potential economics of plantations and theorised how expanding such a business would take place. I was quite excited by this talk.

**I will note here that a ‘Staircase’ who I believe is a member of Tylsia, began spouting rubbish about Emery and how he should “get in here” to answer any questions I had. I asked him how a king of another Kingdom could answer my questions better than the King, a Duke and members of the Kingdom I was asking about. He didn’t answer. This annoyed me quite a bit but LV people didn’t seem to rise to the bait, ignoring him for the most part.**

I asked them a few quite sensitive questions about domain and tribe selections, the answers were quick and to the point. They have discussed tribe choice among their community members but have not settled on a tribe at this stage for the following reasons:

1. Land selection for them matters as much as the tribe, for instance if tribe X has an unfavourable kingdom location this will hamper their plans and may need further consideration.

2. King Xakorai is currently #8 on the IP charts so will have first choice of tribe and kingdom come launch at this stage by a fair margin (around 40k IP).

These arguments seemed to make sense and they went on to say that laying finite plans without seeing more of the game, landmass and mechanics, or making promises to their community at this stage was not being transparent or real.

I asked about guilds and was surprised to find that Valegor was the leader of the oldest and largest guild on APAC, and that this guild would be multi-kingdom (the first I have encountered). I was invited to know more but smithing isn’t really on my 'to do' list so I politely declined, although it did seem exciting and well executed.

I was questioned quite heavily about my participation in PvP, I’m not really sure of the intent of this but I later found out that LV has a large PvP element that acts in a separate discord as an offshoot of their army. I was not able to gain access to this discord as it is for members/citizens only.

Before leaving I was assured that if I had any questions I could direct them to any community members and King Xakorai moved me to a new recruit (?) channel where I could have direct contact with all leaders of the community (I also found out that community leaders are not chosen on pledge level but by merit as previously stated, however people like Duke are destined to have such positions because of game mechanics).

Pro's
    - LV people are really nice, cooperative and friendly
    - The are genuinely interested in people that enter their discord, not only asking questions but sparking up discussion
    - Leaders are very transparent, open and approachable, there is structure here
    - Members all seem to be on the same page, they all know what is going on and are active participants in the kingdom
    - They actively engage with community events and hold game nights, I am very interested to see if they open a LiF or Exiles server
    - Polished website and forum post (everything on these things people are able to speak too)
    - Large, mature community
    - Leading the APAC IP chart

Con's
    - Their recruitment seemed weak, they were not disinterested but mentioned joining very few times
    - People have a lot of different “colours” in their discord, which was a little off-putting at first (I later learnt that each colour carries a position so people know who can help them if they need)
    - If you want to just settle in a kingdom without following its laws/rules, or be a deviant within the Kingdoms borders, you will have a hard time

Neutral:
    - There is optional RP, some like it, some hate it
    - Not open about their tribe choice for the reasons stated above. It makes sense but if you are set on a tribe this would be a con as you wouldn’t know

LP's Thoughts:

I was very excited to be in this discord. The conversations and banter flowed freely and I was impressed by the Kingdoms structure, drive and level of commitment. I very much got a feel of hype and togetherness from these guys that I haven’t seen outside of the EU and NA Kingdoms, and slightly from Tylsia.

As a group they present well and the fact that they actively engage in all information they have put out there (they practice what they preach) is very pleasing. I would have liked to see their recruitment pitch be a little stronger but for someone looking for a structured, mature community their members and presentation speak for themselves.

I felt that if I were a count here I would be free to follow whatever play style and path I choose and I would be supported by members of the community and high backers in doing so. This provided me with a level of assurance that my progression would be at the core of the kingdoms interest, however we would have to see how this would play out as more info on the game becomes available.

TLDR

These guys are an option. They are clearly superior to an NPC king and have quite a few advantages over the other Kingdoms on APAC, both real (IP, tribe, land selection) and perceived (structure, community). I will monitor their discord to see if what they say, they continue to back.

12. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

My 2p worth: Since none of us are in any form of the game yet, most of the "plans" are really just a mix of favorable ideas. Often ideas are dashed/morphed into something totally different when we all get 'our hands' in the game. I do like the structure of LV...rather than the free-form-we-really-don't-know-yet non-structure. I also agree that rank shouldn't be seen as "rich $$$ contributors above lowly-poor contributors" and more of the "give some, get some" ideals of participation.

Thanks for the investigation of these Kingdoms. You have much more patience that I, Gunga...er...@Logan_P!! -)

TQQdles™

Logan_P likes this.
  13. Logan_P

Logan_P Getting Started

Thanks @Dolnor glad its making some interesting reading.

There are reports that the account redSkull, which is Monarch level on the IP charts, has selected APAC. I have tried to reach out to the person without much luck. At this stage in the game, with no visibility, possibly no community and no contact, I am writing this "Kingdom" off. If at a later date they emerge as a Kingdom I will revisit.

As a next step I plan to enter into deeper discussions with both Lor Voskara and Tylsia to answer some further questions and to see what they can offer TOG members who pledge to them. Essentially I am looking to clear up any outstanding issues and to see what the best deal we can get is.

LP

14. [TOG]Mandrake

i would probably keep the tog involvement for now on the downlow and only talk to them about your self and "friends" rather you find out good things with a level of low importance then showing the tog hand.

when i went searching for kingdoms of NA-W i very much did not talk about tog and was only talking about my self and my "friends" once i got a genuine kingdom in ashalands and duchy in scardi i then advised them that i was a rep for the NA-W tog players with a unknown number of toggers possibly turning up.

I ant saying you cant tell them before the fact i just think it would be more interesting to see there views and actions without the carrot of tog members.

because some may up sell just to claim the tog members for there kingdom.. but is this truly who they are?

one of the big dramas with this pre game is that you have people trying to sell you the barn and well no one knows what the barn is... and they could be selling that barn to 3 people...

so words in a way are cheap specially when there is a Gain factor.

myself when i was a mayor had a count who claimed he was getting a 2nd county just to get me over the line in joining his county... he in fact did not get said county and was latter exiled for another unrelated matter.

this could be as a failing on my part but i joined him for 2 reasons

1. i also liked his duke and he had shown a mutal respect for my organisational abilities & game plans.
    2. his possible double county allowed me the freedom to pick the best farming town i could much better then a single county could.

but all this was just me going in alone with "friends" can you imagine what sort of bullshit fest i would had to deal with if i said it was me and NA-W tog?

i just think people will be more honest without knowing about tog but before you join any kingdom/duchy you should sure as hell advise of that little bombshell called tog

this will be a little harder with apac as they dont have nearly as many dukes but remember your not just shopping for a kingdom but also a duchy.

i hope i have not confusing you with all this and i making a certain kinda sense :)

15. Logan_P

Logan_P Getting Started

@mandrake I totally agree, I am not planning on mentioning TOG. I do however want a certain level of honesty in my discussions and that works both ways. I cant expect 100% if I am not willing to raise myself to that same bar :p. They will know I am part of a gaming community that is looking into CoE.

Getting the best deal isnt just about being promised things, its about the whole package. For instance; what exactly is the relationship Tylsia has with AQ and why is their queen not a monarch by the IP chart? What puts Lor Voskara over the edge in terms of attractiveness? What makes either leader worth following and what is the plan for adaptation as we understand more about the game? While either or both may make grand promises it will become apparent when speaking to them if they have structure and foresight around those promises (can they be a reality?) or if they are making it up on the fly. A good community and, more importantly, good leaders wont falter when asked hard questions. A kingdom with structure and foresight that is interested in the game will have ideas, even if they are just theories at this stage, and wont revert to "lets wait and see" mentality, or worse "haven't thought about that yet".

I want to make sure that when I commit to a place on APAC that I have done the best I can to ensure that I have the best deal for myself and any TOGgers that want to follow me. At this stage that means placing bets with who seems most prepared, who has the better community and who has positioned themselves to succeed.

16. [TOG]Mandrake

indeed :) glad you understand what i meant and it is indeed inportant to grill your future monarch. the sad ting is there are not many dukes on apac so it is hard to find out about who your duke will be.

that may be a question line you might look into.

are they planing to raise any of there counts to dukes and if so who. also if not are they interested in it being a idea so you can possibly put ur hat in :)

like i explained to you when we had voice chat there are alot of options of promoting players to higher ranks. my example was players into mayors but mayors can be made into counts and counts into dukes so maybe see there thoughts on this.

there is alot of npc titles to be had so seeing how a king plans to deal with this issue will be intresting and tell you alot about them