anyone looking at buying Sea of Thieves?

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by Wiz_74, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

Problem is there is no do hours of work and have it taken from you part of the game. I did hours of work every day for four days so far been robbed of like 1k gold out of like 150k gold earned. Turn in your loot regularly like every one else its not stolen of if it is its so tiny its not funny. I lost 300 gold other day playing solo but stole 800 gold worth of loot from the guy who sunk my sloop by boarding his and ramming it into a dock and running to sell the loot he had while he fought 2 sharks. It is very much at its core a pvp game its like dayz you don't run around expecting pve content when its a pvp game do you? only way they can rob you of hours of work is the skull island and a decent 2 man crew can do that in an hour, and its highly contested thing so of course you gonna have to fight for it, its like the airfeild loot in Dayz you don't go to the skull unless you are willing and able to fight other crews for it.

And it doesn't really reward any one who takes most people with this negative outlookd don't know the basics I given up sinking sloops unless they attack me as they always have the most horrible garbage loot that is not worth the cost of a powder keg to blow them up. Like white chickens and blue snakes.. You make the most money from doing merchant quests and only turning in golden animials, and voting to cancel after you do that and slap down another till you get more golden animals. I mean we take like 5 chicken crates and 3 snake ones every time we head out sloop or galleon. Fill them up with as much as we can find on one island then we run around with golden chickens worth like 200 gold if you sell it to any random merchant, but the quest to sell it at X port pays 1200-1800 gold a peice. We get a quest for 2, that is 3k easy money, and we normally got 2 more on board. And now we hit 25 we see quests for powder kegs that sell for 600 to 900 a barrel if they ask for it.

There is the hard way to play Sea of the Thieves and the good way, good way is easy, galleons can't chase you in the wind, treat people as potential threats unless you personally know them, always look for other ships and be mindful of any one heading to same spot as you or loitering in a dock. Only way I kill people now is if they attack me first, its a skull fort event, or they camp on the dock I need to sell my golden critters for as is all my theives are not the guys who chase me, its the damn guys who go "I am friendly, don't shoot me!" then 10 seconds later they tell me they are solo, and heir partner is powder keging my ship, and grabbing the best peiece of loot they can spot on the ship and running to sell it. So now I kill people who loiter on the docks I give fair warning, but if I got to sell on that dock and can't just try another port to sell well expect a warning cannon ball aimed rather horribly as our sloop or galleon does a lap around hte island to tell you pvpers are here, so either attack us now or start your next voyage before some one trys to steal our 3 golden chickens that are worth 200 gold a pop to them..

Today alone I got powder kegged 8 times by 2 men in a swoop saying they were friendly, they "teamed up" with us after using 6 powder kegs on our galleon trying to sink us on a half finished skull event. Then when dead they talked a crewmate into a peace treaty came back and we over heard them talking about back stabbing us, so we helped clear the skeletons they hid the damn key to the loot room from us, and their 2nd guy put two powder kegs on our ship and yelled "Viva la liberty!" as he blew them up, we had half the ship flooded as we fixed it, blew up their ship, and the guy on the shore played dumb about it, still wanting to be our pal saying it was a mistake, and pretended to look for the key for 10 minutes so his friend coudl drive their sloop back with more powder kegs to kill try again so we just killed them both once we found where they hid the key. Wasted so much damn time trying to be friendly in the game today. Don't get me wrong was annoying but pretty fun ordeal over all as we kind of new from outset once they said they were friendly with 6 kegs on a sloop, that yeah they were full of BS lol. And while that happened we had 2 other sloops fight all 6 of us for the stupid skull loot. I mean its 20k more or less to turn it all in but its just crazy how rabid that makes players.

But only in this game and Dayz can I have these kind of misadventures so far only met one truly friendly player in that game, and I think that was because we had him out numbered 2 to one and just killed 2 galleons to get our skull loot to the same island he was unloading. He ran up and gave us a gift of his least valuable loot, and started talking to us about our dino damage covered galleon with paint job. Some how 20 mins latter were all drunk on his sloop doing duels with swords while people throw buckets of vomit on the 2 fighting lol.

2. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Active Member

I've been playing fairly regularly. Loving how you can really use the game as a template to make your own fun, whether it's solo, group work or out and out piracy of the highest order. I've had some laugh out loud moments of sheer enjoyment playing this game, it's taken me back to the good old days of Sid Meier's Pirates!

3. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Active Member

R
    Reminds me of this time we parlayed with another group trying to do the fort rather than fight over it, to which they agreed.

We cleared the fort with little incident of friendly fire and had agreed on how to divide the loot prior. As the key is being used there was this amazingly tense moment where I think everyone was waiting for it to go Full Tarantino.... and it didn't!

We actually ended up seeing the other crew on Dagger Outpost doing the hand in and proceeded to all get drunk and play music at the tavern. Awesome fun, you couldn't have scripted it better. I wonder if the people who struggle with this game are ones that struggle with big sandbox PVP games in general. I couldn't imagine a pirate game being PVE only, that'd be like bowling with the gutter bumpers up...

4. Voodou

Voodou Active Member

Maybe its just the time I play but haven't had had to many gang fest experiences and I do play solo a lot. I also only do one quest at a time do to the possibility of loosing it all, and if the quest requires multiple stops I will sometimes turn in part way through.

I plan on playing tonight around 8pm MST (-07:00 GMT) if anyone is interested in crewing up

5. Mogletmox1

Mogletmox1 Getting Started

Hi does anyone still play the game ?

i have just started and looking for a few salty dogs to loot with
    im in gmt timezone and would be availble in evening/night times