Any ToG online D&D groups? (roll20.net)

Discussion in 'Pen and paper games' started by Kanasuke, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Kanasuke

Kanasuke Getting Started

Wondering any ToG D&D groups who are using online tools like roll20.net to play? (and communicate via voice chat)

I'm mostly familiar with 5e rules, but i know 3.5e from various video game adaptations. I'm also not the best role player but I hope to improve with more sessions.

many thx

2. Rhumor

Rhumor Getting Started

I play three different campaigns on Roll20. Two DnD 5e and one Star Wars: Edge of the Empire. However, I don't believe I have played with any TOG members as of yet.

3. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I play every second Thursday in a 5e group. Hard to find regulars with old people like us as time is precious.

4. Atrak

Atrak Active Member

I'd love to join in on something like this as my old group is around 2 hours away by car now and they don't seem interested in pursuing the online method. I am however in the middle of moving house so it might be a few weeks before I am settled enough to be able to take part. Still very interested though :)

Atrak

5. BoneInspector

Current group is full, if a spot opens I'll post up in this forum

6. BoneInspector

My group has room for two more at the moment. Just lost someone to new baby.

Starts at 8pm est every second thursday night.

Pre gen toons available to use as follows.
    Half orc fighter weilding a trident.

pm me for details and I will put you forward to the group for a decision.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  7. Nekokamiguru

Nekokamiguru Getting Started

I would be interested in this after the 11th when I get the internet properly sorted out.

8. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

I tried to get into 6 Roll20 games without success. I stopped playing D&D 40 years ago and just recently bought the 5e Players Handbook (PHB) to try to get into the game again. The local book/hobby store that hosts weekly games is DM-locked...you have to be a friend of one of the players or DMs to be invited to play.

So I tried the online venues. Roll20 is free with $$ subscriptions giving extras. Fantasy Grounds is sub only. I signed up to 6 Roll20 Free-Games (as apposed to Pay-2-Play) D&D 5e games. I was invited to 1 group, which is trying to create a massive world enviroment....which unfortunately focuses on "level 2 character with +1 armor and a +2 magical sword"-type characters (Monty-haul DMs) playing in Gladiatorial Arenas and/or dungeon crawls (kids who grew up with video games trying to create video game scenarios in D&D). The other 5 were "thanks for applying, I'll let everyone know by Monday next week who was chosen" games that disappeared 2-weeks before game date.

I am in the US (San Diego) but often play online MMOs during Oceanic times. I am still level 1 player as I haven't had a game yet. Still learning noob. Let me know if any TOG games come up for 5e.

TQQdles™

9. QueensKnight

QueensKnight Active Member

Eastern Daylight / Standard Time (UTC - 4 / 5)