Angels Fall First

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Valzhar, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Valzhar

Valzhar Active Member

This is an early access steam game, I was looking to see if anyone was interested getting a group going. Below are some details and it uses the Unreal Engine 3.

Angels Fall First is a first person combined-arms sci-fi wargame.

AFF focuses on team-oriented tactical gameplay and objective-based scenarios with a high degree of replayability, featuring:

• Wide selection of weapons and tools, ground vehicles and spacecraft to fight with.
    • Diverse combat opportunities - assume point to clear a building, hunt with a frigate wolfpack as a lineship captain, issue orders from the bridge of your battleship.
    • Fully operational and pilotable capital ships with playable interiors.
    • Unique combination of spaceship and infantry combat - board spacestations, shipyards and vessels to capture or destroy them from the inside.
    • Dogfighting using space interceptors and bombers, launched from capital ships and stations.
    • Gameplay mechanics designed as a mix of modern elements (customization, loadouts, persistence) and inspirations from classic shooters (frantic, fast-paced firefights).
    • Commander mode for issuing orders to your squadmates and teammates.
    • Full AI support - all scenarios can be played both offline and online identically, supporting up to 64 players or bots filling in for the players if required.
    • Rich science fiction universe setting.

2. Tulgar

Tulgar Battlefield Leader Staff Member Moderator

It looks neat, are the servers all US though?

3. Valzhar

Valzhar Active Member

Yes, but you can buy them from a certain other game server providers to have one in Sydney. I failed to mention this is not free to play you have to pay $17.99 for the game.

Yes I am just looking for some numbers so I can donate or someone go halves or thirds towards buying a server. I wish I could afford it like before but I am saving atm and I am tight spending so much per month.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  4. astrospud

astrospud Sandpit Raker for Toy Box Captain

I've bought this some time ago, and look forward to retail release.
    Has some really ambitious game mechanics that games like Star Citizen are trying to create.

5. Valzhar

Valzhar Active Member

Ok TOG | The Older Gamers Server is now active as an Australia server with 30 slots. There is bot support also along with ground assault and space maps.

If there any members from across the world want it moved I can do that also to US West.

6. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Grim Outfit Monkey

Just noticed sever up when I went in game. Checked forums found this post.

Edit: checked it out, game looks stuck.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  7. astrospud

astrospud Sandpit Raker for Toy Box Captain

There is one map (forget which one) that's broken, and causes the problem you describe. For the most part, all other maps work ok.

8. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Grim Outfit Monkey

Had a play on euro with bots taking helming a battleship beaming chunks out of other capital ships. Fun times :)

9. Valzhar

Valzhar Active Member

At the moment I have decided to stand down with a TOG server after it expires till more fixes are made.