Anarchy Online

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by DeveloperDad, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Captainzero

Captainzero Getting Started

Oh that is great news! I have tried to be 'selective' about who we have in our org. Anyone can spam recruiting ads and invite anyone who puts their hand up, but thats how you end up with an org full of bludgers and elitists. Thats not what we are about... we just want to have a group of good people, whether they play well or not is irrelevant. It's all about having fun IMO.

And I appreciate that you are starting from scratch.. that must be difficult (but also quite exciting). Woo and I will try and help you with credits/items while you are rebuilding your empire. :D

Hope you sort out your technical problems soon. There are always ARK's in-game who you can contact by lodging a petition. or you can try AOfroobs.com if you are froob, or the AO forums if you are paid, to help sort out your technical issues.

2. LadyWoo

LadyWoo Just Joined

I must say that I am really pleased with the interest that has been generated and I look forward to catching up with you in game.

There are a few guides that I thought might be of use to new members and those returning to AO;

General

Character Creation

Chat Guide

AO Dictionary

Basic Pet Commands

Buffing

Introduction to Tradeskilling

Pre-Built Implants

Starting Out Dungeons and Play Fields

ICC Shuttleport AKA Newbie Island lvl 1-18, this is your starting point for Rubi-Ka

Backyards All levels

The Condemed Subway lvl 1-24 (level locked)

Steps of Madness lvl 1-50

Temple of Three Winds AKA TOTW lvl 1-60 (level locked)

Third Party Programs - help make AO life easier

Item Assistant Keeps a catalogue of your items

Click Saver Helps you roll a mission with a specific item as reward

More guides can be found in the knowledge base of AO Universe.

AO is coming up to its 10th anniversary next month and Funcom generally hold some sort of event and all players are eligible to claim some goodies (even if lvl1) ie xp stims and social items...possibly a free month on old accounts that were once subscribed, so keep check on your email because if they run with this like they have done in the past you will be sent an invitation on the offer.

3. LadyWoo

LadyWoo Just Joined

I am also considering setting up a Team Speak server, so it would be good if any newcomers could notify me if you're interested.

4. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

it's coming back, somethings faster then others :D

finding the right pre-made implants will need a little more researching .

doing missions came back fast, only thing I don't like now is the level I'm at the missions are out of town, without something to speed up traveling, that makes game play longer, the run burns me out, but I get reenergized once I see that EXP rolling in ;)

taking a break, need to dash into town, I need some new shoes :w

5. Captainzero

well we can sure fix your transport problem. nearly every problem can be solved by throwing creds at it. Ask me about it in-game and we'll see if we can get you some wheels.. or even better some wings :D

6. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

going to hold off on formating the new HDD for a couple days, man I'm burnt out right now, been BBQ'ng all day for tomorrow, so not in the mood to watching everything updating :D

I started 3 more characters, they're still on starter Island. Astaahengi - Engineeer, Astaahnano - NT, and AstaahOfix - Fixer, going to be my Omni character
    I found my other FROOB accounts, so guess I really didn't need to start another one, but I couldn't log on them before or according to AO they were locked, so thought i had to start a new one, but what it was I forgotten the username. Since I had copied the folder over all that info was saved on the client, which made it easier to find
    I'll spend a lil time on starter island with these guys, so you may not know I'm on unless I send you a tell, I don't remember how to add friends so guess I may be alone, maybe after I gets in the game I'll do a /help and look up what I need to do to add friends while on the island

7. DeWe

DeWe Getting Started

Think its /cc addbuddy name..

8. Captainzero

yep thats correct... /cc addbuddy name

I'll add your characters to the bot anyway so we can still chat.

Dewe have you made a character yet? Still havent caught up with you in-game. Would be great to have a few more TOGgers around.

oh.. and FYI the new graphics engine IS till being worked on, in fact I think it's starting to get fairly close to completion. I heard they have it running on a test server, and they are just ironing out bugs now. That will be exciting.. definitely worth coming back for.

9. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Well, downloaded the client and managed to find my old Funcom account. Patched up and was surprised to see all my characters still there! Unfortunately, they are all on RK2. This is only a minor setback though as the game itself will not run at all on Win 7. Does the game need to run in compatability mode?

10. Captainzero

Hmmm thats odd. We have tried it in Windows7 and it worked ok. I've also done a quick scan of the AO forums and as far as i can see it should run in windows 7. What exactly happens when you try to run it? do you get an error? Maybe we can figure out why it's not working. Could also be a graphics issue See here

We would certainly be happy to see you in RK1! fingers crossed.

11. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

I know they no longer support windows 98, that was sometime during the Version 17.x.x. series
    and the update page does not list all the update notes, it stops way short, and right now it's not loading at all for me. I was going to see if there was anything in the Patch notes that mentions if win7 needs to be set in Compatibility mode or not, Kinda suspect it does . I know when I was updating it list all the notes, but I don't use Win7, so anything about that I just don't know

12. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

The issue was simply too high resolution. I was trying to play in 2560x1600. I dropped it back to 1980x1200 and it worked fine.

13. Captainzero

\o/

I'm online now if you want to send me a tell :)

14. DeWe

DeWe Getting Started

Got some characters started.

Munkeep
    Munshade
    Mewndoc
    Mewnslap

Probably won't be on today, except to get Mewnslap started.
    See you later..

15. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

wait, I think you healed me at the Droid leader :eek:

I started a Crat and trader, going to start another trader as soon as I remember how to dual client, the one that is made now is just to stay on Starter island

Astaahcrat - he's ready to leave, but want to Xfer backpack to a Starter Island toon, like the trader I started there. After I format new HDD and get things installed on it I'll just place the Old HDD into the other comp, so Dual client will not be needed.

16. Captainzero

Great! Sorry I was offline for the last 24 hours, our phone lines went down for some reason, which meant no internet. :confused:

I have added these toons to our org guest channel, so we will be able to catch up with you and get you recruited when you log in next. (providing our phone lines don't randomly go down again).

:rolleyes:

17. Captainzero

cool. Let us know when you've made a toon and we'll get you invited...

18. Sente

Sente Active Member

I used to play Anarchy Online back when it was new - started playing the game in August 2001 and stopped playing in spring 2002, more or less.

There has been some brief re-visits to the game over the years, but only to the point that I played a few levels with a new character and nothing more. But since it is now getting closer to the 10 year anniversary for the game, as well as my MMO addiction (AO was my first MMO) I decided to give it a go again.

I did start some new characters on RK-1 to re-learn the game basics and I also have some old characters there roughly between levels 8 and 51 - reactivated my old account.

Generally I only have a bit of time to play in the weekends, but I would love to join up at some point if time zones work out (I am in Sweden).

19. Captainzero

not a problem, of course you are most welcome to join us. If you post which characters you want joined up I will add them to the bot guest list until we can catch up in-game :)

20. Imfir

Imfir Well-Known Member

which maps do you recommend, Mine seem to be old, and give me a error any more, they still work, but I have to change the map to them every time I bring up the map. so was wondering which map shows like the Dyna bosses locations