AA Truck counters against the anti-tank pilots

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by JGR, Aug 23, 2017.

1. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

In the hands of a veteran pilot, the anti-tank ordnance is OP in my opinion...
    But there are techniques to mitigate the effects of this aerial pest :p:

1. These guys are opportunistic and will sneak up on a vehicle often from a high altitude.
    Not a criticism...simply an observation about intelligent game play.
    N.B. Von Richthofen used this strategy to devastating effect, and who can criticise him for that? ;)
    Always/constantly check the sky, particularly behind you...

2. Spotting by the ground dwelling enemy scum :p is a serious problem for the AA truck if there is a competent anti-tank pilot in play...
    Wherever possible, shield yourself from prying eyes via buildings or the terrain...
    Yes, you will be accused of camping, but remember, you are not there to be cannon fodder for the enemy...
    They are cannon fodder for you...:p

3. As with good snipers (was that an oxymoron?), constantly reposition yourself when your location has been identified...
    (Hmmm...a camper who is extremely mobile...WTF? :p)
    Not only does it make things more difficult for the anti-tank pilot, it also confounds, frustrates, pisses orf the enemy ground dwelling scum who:p are trying to creep up on you...
    Listen carefully for foot steps and check your mini-map to see if it is one of your team mates or an enemy scumbag :p...
    If it is the enemy scum,:p get the hell out of dodge quick smart...
    An infantry enemy who sneaks up on you will have the ordnance to take you out or intends to have team mates with appropriate weaponry spawn on them, or they wouldn't be running up to you, surely...
    Well, the clever ones wouldn't...;)
    After gaining distance you can avoid the anti-tank mines and nades, and if you find some cover, the rocket guns won't be in a position to be used...
    Self-evident you say?
    Good for you... ;)
    The point is, he who turns and runs away will live to fight...errr...without having to spawn again, as in real life...:p

4. Position yourself against a wall or cliff...
    This will limit the attack direction the anti-tank pilot can take...

5. It is vital that, when you are attacked and damaged, you damage the plane in its first pass...
    If the pilot attempts to do a second run against you if it is damaged, you have a very good chance of taking him down...
    If he runs away to repair (the chicken :p), that will allow you time to repair also...

6. Spot the enemy plane and deploy smoke...
    You will see the enemy icon through that smoke and it will make it more difficult for him to aim...
    (This is particularly effective against bombers with anti-vehicle ordnance, btw).
    (I read somewhere recently that deploying your own smoke, these days, cancels the enemy spot. If this is so, beauty...I will have to investigate. So many patches...so many tweaks...)

Well, this is a start in my strategy in coping with my anti-tank pilot nemesis...
    Hope this helps my ground dwelling noobies...
    Hope this causes great angst amongst the aerial rats of the sky...bwah ha ha... :p
    Hate mail gleefully accepted...;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  2. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

I checked...
    If you spot someone and then throw a smoke nade, the enemy spot remains but the spot on yourself, if any, disappears instantly...
    ESP will obviously negate this... ;)