A game like Aion but Free!

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by WaXwOrK (BONANZA!), Aug 20, 2009.

1. WaXwOrK (BONANZA!)

WaXwOrK (BONANZA!) Active Member

This is a game that holds innovation and sets the standard on how I will view MMO's from now on, No longer is the standard of mediocre graphics acceptable for spells and animations.

I would like to introduce to you Perfect World,
    [​IMG]
    (In-Game screenshot of my lvl 8 Cleric; with infinite fly ability)

It's innovated with many customization options, as well as a good quest system (Self Guided directions such as an auto pilot).

Also has a very unique balance of community and gaming.

You also get wings that you can use unlimited (If you are an archer or cleric)

Character Customization

If you created your character and decide different hair style, Eye color. Just go to character Select screen click Modify and you have all the customization abilities so you can customize whenever you want throughout the game. No restrictions on looking that way forever again :D

YouTube - Perfect World - 01 - Character Creation

Unique

[​IMG]
    Honeymoon Couple

These are both players, you can actually carry your loved one.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
    Ariya likes this.
  2. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

PW is a very interesting game indeed, it 's on my list of games I want to play in the future. The quests with autotracking are a wonderfull invention for players who get lost all the time like me. I played Ether Saga online, one of the three games the perfect world company released. It's resembles PW a lot, but has more anime like graphics.
    I fell in love with the graphics and gameplay, and especially the content since ether saga, jade dynasty and also perfect world I think are based on Chinese novels. Ether Saga follows the storyline of Monkey go West, one of my favorite stories when I was little.
    What kept me on ES so long were the skills, I like playing an AOE character, and I never played a better one then on this game. At higher level my healing type of character killed 25+ mobs at a time while kiting. Another nice thing in their games is that you can get exp from a number of daily events, that don't take up a lot of your time. I was also impressed by the large updates we got on a regular basis.
    I have to warn you a bit about the free part though. It's free for players who don't play hardcore and who won't fall for the temptation of buying a lot of the nice items they release in their item mall regularly. But if you want to upgrade your equipment to a pro level and your not willing to do a BIG effort in farming (in group on world bosses, doing instances over and over for months) you will put in a lot of cash. I think the two free to play games where I saw people spending most money were Rohan Online and Ether Saga.
    But I would still recommend you all to give it a go. Have fun !

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  3. Mordocai

Mordocai World of Warcraft Officer

Looks pretty neat.

4. WaXwOrK (BONANZA!)

WaXwOrK (BONANZA!) Active Member

Ariya and I are comprising a list of MMO's for you guys that are free to play, They are Called F2P or Free to Play.

5. Sylar2

Sylar2 Getting Started

I just came across this the other day, thought it was worth a mention,

http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

Its a browser based game, humorous in a terry pratchett novel kind of way. Worth a look, especially if you like old school stuff.

I'm a level 5 pastamancer, or a Carbohydrate Cognoscenti.

6. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

That 's a very original game ! We can add some of the better browser based games but most of the F2P games we want to add require a game client that is free to download.

7. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Interesting!

Its funny but just yesterday I was complaining that my flying character couldn't pick up my friend and carry her over a wall that was too high for her to jump. :p

8. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

It's really usefull, both perfect world and ether saga have this embrace and carry option. My friends used to carry me around all the time to make sure I didn't get lost on my way to war again lol.

9. Monty

Monty Guild Wars 2 Officer

I've downloaded PW but haven't installed it. I guess playing Guild Wars, Runes of Magic,CoD4 and Unreal Tournament III I run out of time through the week. :D

Looks very good I must say.

10. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Hey Monty, let us know what you think of it huh :)

(and I know how you feel with so many great games coming out soon too!)

11. sschrupp

sschrupp Getting Started

I played Perfect World a little bit way back when it was like a Portugese beta or something.. hehe. It was pretty fun. I was suprised at how polished the game felt compared to other F2P games I've tried.

If I wasn't planning on spending all my free time playing Champions Online starting tomorrow this would probably be on my list of time suckers.

12. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

Same goes for me, I'll probably play PW when I 'll have a little more time. It's one of the better free to play games out there in my opinion. :)

13. Grimson

Grimson Getting Started

I've played around with this game some and have to say that as you go up in levels it becomes anything but F2P. If you don't have cash shop items to auto replenish Health/Mana, a lot of groups won't want you in them cause you will slow them down vs. other people that have the items. Ditto for cash shop enchanted gear/weapons.

A good example would be the pet class. Its the least gear dependent of all of the classes but you have to have the high end cash shop pet to get into higher level groups. This pet costs around $200 worth of cash shop items to get and most PUGs that are formed at higher levels won't let you join them without it. Also, any of the other classes need to spend least as much to properly enchant their gear.

You can try to grind for rare in game items to sell/trade for the cash shop items but you are then in for a very long haul. I've seen it mentioned that if you grind near full time (and get good drops) for six months or so, you may be able afford the cash shop items for the pet without spending real $$ for it.

14. Ariya

Ariya Retired Captain

Yes, 6 months was what it took us on ether saga online (one of the other perfect world games) to get really good gear at end lvl without spending real $. And I'm not talking about farming solo but a half year of doing instances and world bosses in group. I guess it depends also if you're going to play the game in a casual way or not. You could get by with average gear if you do so... I don't regret any of the hard work though, I had lots of fun.

15. QueensKnight

QueensKnight Well-Known Member

Eastern Daylight / Standard Time (UTC - 4 / 5)
    I tried out Ether Saga Online. It was a lot of fun, but I could not find a good group of folks, so I moved on.

I think my char got into the 20's. Which did not take long.

Later.

16. jadomrocks

jadomrocks Just Joined