9 Dragons

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by RogueSlayer, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Adeptus

Adeptus Well-Known Member

I have a question too...
    What is the trick to using the embroidery kit, to put a magical embroidery on a piece of clothing?
    Will it only work on specific types of clothing, or only when you're a certain level, or what?
    I was trying for a quick boost to my healing rate, but haven't managed to attach the damn thing...

2. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

From the forums I get this.......in response to your question.

Clear as mud mate.

3. Adeptus

Adeptus Well-Known Member

aha... "special slots" huh?

Guess I'll have to wait a while...

4. PoppaBear

PoppaBear Getting Started

9 Dragons Q&A

Hi everyone. 9 Dragons is pretty involved huh.
    The game designers have given very little info on anything really but the player forums can be very useful once you wade through the complaints.

Firstly money.
    Dont expect to make millions straight away....
    You will get to a stage when kill drops provide you with nice things to sell.
    Early on sell all your kill drops to NPC's for petty cash but try to save special drops for A) Donating to clan for clan points needed for training new techniques. B) Helping out new players and C) selling in stalls when the item is way beyond your use and you think you may make a quick sale.

Quick sales is what it is all about. Look at other stall prices and 1/2 it. Advertise this fact in your stall name. Such as "ONLY ONE EACH PLEASE!" Then get back to the real game.
    You will end up making more money this way and hopefully bring down prices (if enough people do it)

BLOOD ESSENCE
    This item is HOT HOT HOT. Earlier i said it goes for around 180k to 240k...
    Forget it!!!! I now see it for 300k to 380K in stalls. So selling for 260k will get you real quick money.
    You get blood essence a few ways. 1) Buying it.. 2) Reaching 999 on your kill meter or my favorite 3) The Kill Drop.
    3) Doesn't happen to often but it seems to be random. I got two last night in 15 minutes.

I never sell clothing. I donate it to the clan or hand it down to lower players. Most clothes come from quests. Prices seem unreasonable and you will get it yourself eventually anyway. So just wait, or if you really want it, buy it from Stalls.

Dont buy weapons from NPC's if you can help it. Wait for a kill drop.
    If you get say three good weapons but they are not suited to your clan, then sell them really cheap in a stall and buy one good one for yourself off another players stall. Try to buy one that is slightly out of your players level. It will deteriorate but you can get a blacksmith NPC to fix it. No probs. Also refined weapons are worth the extra money. They extend the usable life of the weapon in relation to your level.

BLOOD ESSENCE is used to refine weapons so dont expect them to be cheap.
    1 blood essence refines the weapon 1. 2 refines 2 ect. Also sometimes the refining process destroys a weapon and Blood Essence. DAMN!

If in dought of a price just hold onto the item. Dont spend hours searching stalls. You'll com across the info in everyday play.

Prices can also be Clan influenced in that Wutang and Heavenly Deamon items are more expensive due to larger populations.

Resource collecting seems to be a waste of time for me. Decide for yourself..
    Embroidery also seems a waste of time as the stat boosts are very little for th outlay of buying clothes/weapons with slots.

Clothes with 3 pockets or more are a must. Pocket are different than slots.
    Pockets can be filled with stat boost items which can be swapped and upgraded as required.. MUCH more versatile than slots.

Anything else I have missed or if I'm wrong about, tell me.
    Any questions, ask me.

Cya
    TOG | PoppaBear

WuTang Avienda

5. Ancient_One

Thanks PoppaBear, that gives us a good round up of things.

I finally reached Revolving Chakra 1.

My Dragon lvl's are not very high but the forum's have given me a idea for leveling without getting harmed.

Will let you know how I go.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  6. Ancient_One

While I was trying the leveling idea for my Dragon Skill I bumped into a fellow nuker (as we are known) he gave me the following build info:

Strength/Constitution/Dexterity all 12 points. (will allow you to use FD Relic)
    Ess 40 points (for nuker attacks)
    Wisdom all points till maxed at 250

After this you can then add any further points:
    Ess which will add to attack and 35 vitality
    Constitution which will add 25HP per point

Hope that helps my fellow nukers.

You can set this up initially when selecting your roll at the end of GC12 or the last chance change of stats at RL12.

I have to wait till RL12. :? Only 21 levels to go unless i buy a chakra purg for $10.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  7. PoppaBear

Change of stats

G'day Ancient. Poppabear.

I was reading your post and was wondering which clan you in cause with Wutang we also get a second chance to re-arrange stats but can do it anytime, only once, as long as we are LOWER than a set level.
    Cant remember level.:confused:
    Make sure cause if you wait for the level you were told about, it may be that that is the cut off, not the time to do it.
    Also be aware that I think your kungfu skills may be set back to level 1 when you do this!!!:eek:
    GRIND GRIND GRIND.

Ill read the forums again about this cause it was a few weeks ago and I can't remember details. I'm pretty sure though that some people were upset about ALL their stats being reset to zero, not just the STR DEX ect.
    And unlike STR DEX ect they did not get the points to re-distribute.
    I may however, be thinking of Role Changing within clan not Stat Re-arranging..
    ANYone else confused. LOL:?

8. Ancient_One

Yeah I will to as I need to do the stat change only not a complete reset.

I think it's actually the same as the roll change ie. reset of weapon mastery points and stats not skill levels of a specific attack.

9. Ancient_One

Found him and reset done.

He was opposite the donation guy in the beggars guild.

Back to the grind.

10. Ancient_One

Chakra 7. Been fun so far. Playing in groups can be good if you have an active group of players.

Sometimes people join and then sit some where out of the action and leach EXP. You do get better EXP if you go it alone but in a group is way fun.

Managing to do the quests well enough. Some have been really hard and I have died just travelling to the location but I just re-spawn in location and run on to complete the quest. I figure if your going to die and have to re-spawn in town for an EXP loss you might as well keep going and complete the quest anyway. Quests can give you EXP, money or items.

Question.

Is one advanced lightfoot better then another?

I have gotten one of a drop form a monster but I noticed their is another available at the same level for my character.

Mine is called shadowless lightfoot which I should be able to use shortly.

11. PoppaBear

Lightfoot

There are advanced lightfoot for each clan. You can only use your own clans lightfoot and advanced lightfoot. The others you get from drops you just sell.

12. Valkazon

Valkazon Well-Known Member

You may already have figured this out already but...

Groups are fun especially when you have a good healer with tank support, and I generally tend to use my manuals in these kinda setups as I'm finding I'm having to rest less so using more kung fu etc thus improved xp.

Although it burns the essence a bit quicker I keep chi breathing switched on virtually all of the time for the benefits it gives when fighting etc not just when resting.

Checking in at inns and rezzing there means you don't get the few minutes of rez sick but you do have to then travel back to where you are fighting.

13. Ancient_One

Do you open chests?

I have 2 bronze chests now and would like to know if their is any benefit reallyto finding/buying the keys to these chests.

Some say in the forums just sell them others use them to get clothing using green keys.

I think I can get around 100k for each but not sure on pricing.

Stat boosts from collectable items such as Blue Mind Pill.
    Their are others for strength/stamina etc.
    Is anyone buying these or taking them to increase their stats perminently.

Clothing. Is it better to stick to the guilds bought cloths or the items gained from quests.

14. PoppaBear

RE CHESTS

I have opened chests and sold chests. I have used different amounts of keys to open them and different combinations of colours. The bottom line is you don't really know what your going to get.
    If you add up the cost of a chest and four keys your looking at around 200k+. Most of the time you only get and item worth a fraction of the cost of buying the chest and keys.
    If you gather all the items from kill drops then you havent really outlayed any gold, but remember, if you sell the items you can buy somthing you actually want.
    It might be a pot luck thing, but i've only got crap so far, so I now sell them all cheap for quick cash, then buy what I actually want.:D

15. Deadfyre

Deadfyre Well-Known Member

Hmmm guess I will give this a try later this eve.

16. Ancient_One

Nice to see you.

Let us know how you get on.

17. Legerian

Legerian Getting Started

Hi, I've been playing 9 Dragons on and off, my characters name is Yu_Shu_Lien and im working on joining the Wu Tang clan.

Good Hunting.

Legerian.

P.S. I'm on the Nirvana server.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  18. Valkazon

Valkazon Well-Known Member

Firstly hi Legerian :)

Secondly, started playing a healer (Wu Tang - Red Phoenix) recently and was wondering if anyone else has tried. I guess I'm a bit more interested how they pan out long term as at the moment I'm thinking of swapping to the hybrid class instead - probably better low to mid term but end game not so highly powerful???
    Anyway, can't help feeling a bit underwhelmed by his almost lack of healing ability atm when I compare it to other mmo healers. Ok I know it's not a fantasy setting etc etc but only being able to cast a heal-over-time once a minute seems a little harsh - not particularly group friendly. Would be easier going solo as a hybrid. Does it get better/quicker as you progress - I sure hope so.

----

ok just been doing a little research on this one. It seems the second heal I get at around OC 9 or 10 is a quick cast that does the same amount of healing so that's better. Also read some slightly more encouraging posts from people that play healers so I'll stick with it. Only draw back it seems is there total lack of functionality in PvP but then I have my tank for that so...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  19. Ancient_One

I think if anything it is slower to level once you get to higher levels.

Reached Chakra 12 and only get a little exp from attacks.

I managed to sell some death valley passes today so made some real money finally. Still not sure how I'm going as a whole. Different people seem to have differing advice with concerns to equips and attacks types.

I currently only use slow and paralise for my nuker. I can't let monsters get close to me as they do me in big time, so attack spells (bleed) are just not good for me until I manage to get to FD and maybe the bigger bleed attack.

In the mean time if your looking for me I'm in Death Valley and Drunk Swordsmen.

20. Ancient_One

Made it to Raising Light 1 and moved to the Valley of Hell (Jinan) killing Raiders.

Fun fun fun.

How is everyone else doing?