50% off Warframe packs

Discussion in 'Warframe (Public)' started by Wobin, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

GamersGate is doing a 50% off deal on the Warframe packs for the next week.

Note, these packs can only be activated once per account.

At 50% off, they're all better for platinum than buying directly (unless you have a plat discount currently running)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Comparing platinum per dollar alone the Prime Access is still better value.

However if you're after one of the cheaper packs and aren't wanting to spend more for Prime Access then this is great value unless you're hanging out for the super rare 75% discount login reward.

For ease of comparison at USD$50 you get the following:
    • 1500 platinum and 100,000 credits to buy all the best equipment.
    • 14 random Common MOD Cards.
    • 6 random RARE MOD Cards.
    • The Affinity Booster will rank up your equipment at a faster rate for a few days.
    • The Credit Booster will allow you to gather credits much quicker for a few days.

Prime Access at ~USD$83 gets you the following:
    • 2625 platinum
    • Loki Prime
    • Bo Prime
    • Wyrm Prime (Prime Laser Rifle)
    • 1 more deployable extractor slot

3. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Going to splurge shortly. Just waiting on a 50% plat discount prior to dropping $50.

I've run out of inventory space for frames and weapons.

For USD$50 (after 50% discount) I can get

2100 platinum
    2 rare mod cards
    vigor
    shred

Alternatively for $25 I can get 1000 plat and shred.

I don't value credits much or the boosters.

Mods would be nice but I think I'd rather see the platinum in my account to buy frame and weapon slots.

4. roob

roob Retired Captain

I have one of these steam based warframe packs and I picked it up from the steam summer sale for 75% off.

As mentioned above, it can only be activated on to you steam account once as they are considered DLC.

The top warframe packs were always a big turn off for me. You're getting a ton of plat out of them and you'll be pretty much set to buy everything in the game.
    I'm not one to buy things you can get through the game itself, part of the progressive side of warframe for me is working towards getting the warframe parts and equipment.

This is my way of playing though and I have no problem if people want to pay real money to enjoy a game sooner rather than later ;)

The starter pack I picked up through steam got me the plat to buy enough warframe slots so I had room for all the frames. It also gave me enough weapon and companion slots to have a huge variety when it came to the equipment I could use.
    I think the starter pack cost me around $6.50 aussie at the time. I was able to reduce the cost due to the steam cash I had to go towards it through trading in free cards.

Cheaper packs and plat come along a few times a year and it's worth waiting for them or the log in reward version if you are considering the market currency option ;)

5. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

I'm much in the same mind as roob, in that I want to get what parts are available in game, in game. Plat has mostly been towards weapon/frame slots and cosmetics. There will always be new weapons/frames to buy slots for =)

It's mostly to not hamstring myself in terms of content available though. For me, buying a frame is game time I'm not playing.

I admit to having paid once for Oxium though. Goddamn that Oxium. 30plat for 300 is totally worth it.

6. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator Moderator

You should start a Warframe resources Anonymous thread.

7. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Yeah that's fair enough. I personally spent the money to support the developers.

The things I got from that expenditure were a bonus. Using the platinum obtained buying the two frames that require luck (Vauban) and stupid amounts of grinding (Hydroid) seemed like a good option. ;)

I think I'm up to about 300hrs played now and I've seen 2 parts for Vauban and haven't, as yet, farmed a single key for trying to get Hydroid.

And I may yet buy Oxium to build Zephyr. :p

Challenge I don't mind, some grind is ok too, but it's when it gets too much that I get sick of a game and move on to the next. So avoiding some of the grind is a positive for me.

8. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

I'll spend the money to support the devs, but I don't want to shortcut my game at the same time, so pure plat is the purchase path for me, generally. Especially as the only 'exclusive' gear from prime access has been Excal Prime, and that's not gainable anymore. All subsequent prime gear has been released out in the Void after an iteration or two.

I've found, over time, that DE tend to listen quite well to the community, and stuff that I find irritating first off, like the Beacon grind, gets fixed after a few patches. Also, Kubrow management coming sooner.

Also, being F2P, Warframe is very easy to drop as a game and pick back up after a few months.

Vauban never was an issue for me, actively farming it is impossible, so I just took the alerts as they came. It might have been easier earlier on, when the alert pool was smaller.

9. BlackIce

BlackIce Guardian Captain

Ah. You guys missed all the good returns. I spent money on the cheap founders pack, and later on they decided to reward us with real world loot!
    I got a ninja bandana, and the people who bought the next highest pack actually got Warframe T-shirts!
    You really don't need much plat. I never used all of the plat I got for my one off $60 spend.
    I used it to by frame and weapon slots, colour pallets, a few sentinels and even splurged on one of the bulk weapon skin packs.