1.1 appears to be out.

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by Battle Pope, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

Just restarted Uplay and it's now downloading a 3.49GB update.

2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

Xbox One was 3.9gb .. but servers will still be down for another 2.5 hrs

3. Battle Pope

Another 1.5 hours for me to DL so I'm not worried.

4. Fyre

Fyre Well-Known Member

2.9 on PC ( Steam )

5. Binary-Ninja

I ran Lexington Challenge mode tonight after my team deserted us on incursion and found they are dropping 4 yellows .. 1 just happened to be the new high end First Wave M1A of 183 gear score ..

Well that saved me some $$ ... Now i can worry about my other gear as even on 185 now i get quickly killed in incursion and i have a mix of new stuff and other older HE

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  6. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

i highly recommend you DON'T try excursion unless you have top of the line gear. Its just relentless and slightly ridiculous but still fun.

7. Binary-Ninja

As said I was on 185 gear for its recommended minimum 140 and I was getting annihilated the shot gunners at apc area were difficult but we never finished as rest of team left they had enough ..

Have to get rid of them and dodge apc firing stuff , will try tomorrow ...

8. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

2.9 GB... 8 minutes download time... SSD + fibre FTW :)

9. samurai_miike

samurai_miike Getting Started

After being locked out for 3 weeks i'm able to play again! Happy to team up and try the incursions tonight so hit me up if you see me online.

I'm Gear Score 176 I think.

10. Pharoah

one thing annoys me though...in what universe does an SMG dish out more damage than an LMG?

11. Topfuel

Topfuel Well-Known Member

True they need to take the LMG out and replace it with another type of weapon or rebalance it and other weapons

12. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

In what universe does a bad guy take an entire LMG clip to his head and survive? :p
    Strangely balanced weapons seems like a smaller problem in that regard.

13. Kalain911

Kalain911 Active Member

Balance of this game really comes down to actual Shell damage. the Only SMG that should have its damage close to a Assault Rifle would be the MP7 (cause it fire Rifle rounds) I think than if they kept the AR's and LMG very very close in Damage Per shell.. you would see some good builds. I dont really know what to do with Shot Guns atm though...that one is tricky...

14. Binary-Ninja

yet no one is mentioning pistols .. i have a pistol that does 16K damage per shot with my mod / armour that adds another 45% .. is useless against SMG etc.. but does do way more damage per shot

15. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

Right now the two best weapons in The Division are the DMR and SMG. Guys like Skill-Up have done the math and there's no way you can get any other weapon even close to the SMG in terms of pure DPS. The DMR comes in second because you can pump out obscene headshot crits (well north of 1 million with the right weapon and mods) and take down elite mobs in seconds at range.

Although the SMG really needs to be nerfed, it's hard to conceive how to properly balance the others in a way that doesn't totally break the game.

16. Binary-Ninja

If they nerf the SMG then challenge modes and incursions etc.. will be next to useless as there is no other weapon now that can effectively deal with shot gunners and even then the SMG's still cant deal with these rushing shot gunners quickly enough in many cases aka Russian Embassy ..

It is only a game but the balance now is already skewed to purples / elites who are bullet sponges and then the have shot gunners doing 1 hits from across 2 rooms .. There is far more to it then what a LMG would do in reality

17. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

It will cause players to rely more on CC and team tactics rather than outright DPS.
    I remember my first ever run through a challenge mode (which just happened to be Russian Embassy). We managed to kill the shotgunners (eventually) because we figured out how to stop them long enough for our massed firepower to take them out. The mini boss elites on the other hand were another matter entirely... :oops:

18. Binary-Ninja

@flyingkiwi The issue with the shotgunners is they move extremely fast so if they taken out 1 - 2 of your team game is basically over .. now if thats on incursion it means wipe back to beginning .. Agree on the mass of firepower to bring them down .. but that means all players ..

Heck my new First Wave M1A can deal huge DPS but it still does SFA to any shot gunner or boss .. Just wish i knew what was the answers but nerfing SMG's wouldn't be good unless they fix a few things like bullet sponge bosses

19. Battle Pope

Yeah, the other night we ended up making sure we saved our sticky flashbangs for the shotgun rush and then had one person call out targets on TS for concentrating fire. If things got really wild it was just 'start on the left and work to the right'

20. Pharoah

yeah that and agreeing where to funnel them (or bosses) where necessary so you can mass your firepower. These guys can't outlive 4 x high powered SMGs/ARs on full auto.