1.0.2 Patch Preview: GOOD NEWS for Engrams

Discussion in 'Destiny (Public)' started by Fall-Of-Enosis, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

Taken from Bungie.net, here is the latest bit on our next update. Looks like our drops are going to be a LOTTTT better boys. :D

"The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes 
    Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
    Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
    Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
    Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes
    Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards

Item Changes
    Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
    Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already..."

Can I say that I'm stoked? This is good because even though engrams are dropping a little less since the last patch, this kind of makes it all a wash.

Great news!

ORIGINAL WEBSITE LINK

2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

They still need to ensure Legendary or Ascendant materials drop at a rate people can upgrade their kits .. No one will hang around while they cant level.. Even with the queens stuff many will miss out on shaders , emblems etc.. because they made it hard to achieve

3. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

It's not that HARD. If they don't have enough challenge and limits to drop rates people will finish the game and move on before they release the DLC, etc

I'm still having fun running about doing patrols and the odd story. Strikes I'm not a huge fan of, but with the above changes they may be worthwhile again. Do what you find fun, and don't worry about the upgrades/loot. It will come in time.

4. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Works for me. I got the exotic fusion rifle Plan C today off a purple engram. I haven't even got a legendary yet from one of those... :)

5. Binary-Ninja

Today i have played strikes 22+ lvl and pvp in crucible and out of 10+ blue engrams i received all turned out blue and never saw a purple .. the drop issue is pretty bad but this is what many are seeing so also not just isolated ..

6. DataShade

DataShade Getting Started

You might already know, but the patch notes listed above aren't live. The routine maintenance window appears to be Tuesday morning, so you'll likely see these go into effect Tuesday afternoon.

7. Fall-Of-Enosis

Fall-Of-Enosis Well-Known Member

Yes. Well put Data. This was the PREVIEW of the patch guys. It is not in effect yet. :)

8. Binary-Ninja

Yeah Data / Fall i do realise the newest patch was not in effect as yet i was just showing how bad the drop rates are now ... So when patch come out all it does is fix the colours be handed in for colours being received not the rate at which they drop legendaries ..

Bungie need to realise when people are playing at the higher level strikes etc... and still not getting purples to shred for upgrade materials or use for armour they wont hang around if they cant level their character..

The whole vendor ecosystem needs a tweak so even casual players can get something from it but capping vanguard mark and crucible then having a extremely poor drop rate of lengedary items seems weird.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  9. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Yes I was caught out by the 100 Vanguard Marks rule.

Had maxed my Vanguard Marks achieved for the week through Events and Strikes so thought maybe a trade would be okay as that is a not the same thing.

Appears I was wrong and trading Materials for Marks will not increase the Marks you have.

SO gained very little from the trade if anything. I lost 50 of the item I was trading.

If they are going to stop you from gaining Marks from trading after achieving the 100 limit then the trade should not go ahead at all or a warning should come up that you will not get Marks from the trade.

10. DataShade

DataShade Getting Started

If, as it's been shown in some player-made data sets, the current legendary-engram to legendary-item conversion rate is 30-35%, it's possible that, post-patch, the drop-rate for legendary engrams might be reduced to 30-35% of what it was before.

But ascendent energy and ascendent shards are supposed to be upgraded from blue to purple, so it seems pretty likely to me we're just going to be decoding a lot of purple engrams into upgrade materials.

Even if it's just a straight reduction across the board, I'll still be more excited to see a purple dodecahedron than I am now, because I know it'll turn into a purple once I bring it to the Cryptarch. (Even tho', to be honest, every purple engram I've gotten has turned purple. It's just been purple for a different class. BUT it's also been a purple for the *same* different class, so I think I have a full set of legendary warlock armor waiting for my alt to gain another 5 levels.)

11. Binary-Ninja

Maybe they need to have other ways to upgrade gear or make it so purples only drop on high levels or drop more often at higher levels as that is what the problem is with many stuck at 27 / 28 due to no or very little shards to rank up..

I will be happy to see any purple :)

12. Mixzawa

Mixzawa Retired Captain

Finally I need more shards from the purples to upgrade my gear. :p